seat comfort? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seat comfort comes up occasionally on this 200 forum, as well as other vehicle forums I participate in. I honestly have never understood why someone would buy any vehicle with seats they considered uncomfortable. Seat comfort is a VERY individual thing and to buy a vehicle with seats that don't fit or hurt and then complain about it seems very strange to me. I guess I'm just too practical, but seat comfort is near the top of my list for determining what to buy.
Agree! For many of us who like driving to experience the outdoors, even if that means driving 1,400mi to do it, you better really be comfortable or you’re going to hate your vehicle and complain the entire trip. My kids and wife are very happy with the seats. They have had the privilege of driving in countless vehicles(i have a problem) so it makes me feel better about my 200 and makes the drive much more enjoyable when everyone is comfortable. If I heard complaints, the 200 would be gone.

The ComfiLife cushion works great for me. 6'2" and I put the seat all the way down and push it all the way back. $35 to live in the lap of luxury.

Because with a good aftermarket shop, it can be remedied.
I suppose I should have a more open mind about it. Any idea what custom adjustable seats, incorporating all the safety features and heating/ventilation, would cost?

I suppose I should have a more open mind about it. Any idea what custom adjustable seats, incorporating all the safety features and heating/ventilation, would cost?

Aftermarket seats with those features don't exist as far as I know. You would have to modify the factory seats. I believe that is what @04UZJ100 meant.

Aftermarket seats with those features don't exist as far as I know. You would have to modify the factory seats. I believe that is what @04UZJ100 meant.
Yeah I went so far as to thinking have a shop take the drivers seat frame and custom make something. They could sacrifice the 3rd row leather if they needed more.

I have finally found a position that I like in the Cruiser but still not as comfortable as the LX. Neither of them are remarkably comfortable though.

I am 5'8" little over 200lb. I drive at least twice a month about 235 miles one way 3 1/2 hours then back again a day or two later. At least once a year we go about 750 miles one way about 11 hours than back about 2 to 3 weeks later. I have no real complaints about the seats in 2016 LC. They are more comfortable than the 2006 Honda Pilot that we used before the LC those seats were fine. I had 183K miles on that ride when we traded it on LC in 2018. I like my seats in my 1997 T100 but my wife never has. I wonder what height and weight folks are that don't like the LC seats.

I think the Land Cruiser seats are fine, but the LX seats are better. Neither comes close to the commercial seats in our T1N Sprinter van though - I drove 2,100 miles in about 54 hours with no discomfort at all. And the van doesn't have cruise control, power windows/seats/mirrors/anything and only has 2 mediocre dash speakers and a 90s era CD deck with a cheap powered sub under the false floor. It is still my favorite road trip vehicle however!

I was about to install Scheel Manns in my 100 but then I sold it. They seem to be the go-to for around the world travel/actual "overlanders." However I don't know if they would mess with airbags or other safety systems on the 200.

The Vario F XXL is supposedly the most adjustable and comfortable:

Gotta get a bracket to attach it to the floor:

Someone installed them into a 200 and is bypassing the airbags. I posted about it over the summer.

Yea, but then they'd stop working... ;)

The most comfortable seats I've ever sat in were in a 2000 Volvo S80. Those were better than any chair at home! With only 500 miles on my LC, I'm getting used to the firmness. I have my lumbar set as flat as possible in every vehicle I sit in. I'm 5' 8", so they always hit me wrong.
I had a 2015 Volvo XC70 before this cruiser. It had the most amazing seats. Everyone who rode in that car complimented the seats. Volvo really does make the best in the business. That being said, I have never had an issue with discomfort in my Land Cruiser seats.

One simple modification that can be tried is space the front of the front seat brackets up an inch or few. It will angle the seat and may be more comfortable. Loosen the whole seat before doing this. Will need to get longer bolts. Seat track trim pieces may not fit anymore. Can easily remove the spacers and put back stock if not liked.

Seat comfort was one of the main reasons I am moving from the LC to the LX. For me, it was a lack of thigh support. I wondered a bit if one of the Amazon seat extender things would work.

I have tried raising the front of the seat as mentioned above in my ski boat and it worked very well.

As others have mentioned, the most comfortable seat for me has been in a Volvo. Specifically, the XC90 is the most comfortable seat I've experienced. I actually found my LX470 seats more comfortable than my LX570 seats, but perhaps I'll make more adjustments and find a setting that's just right.

The last two long trips I've made that were over 5 hours each resulted in some pretty bad neck pain that lasted more than a few weeks. It feels like the headrest is pushing my head too far forward. I feel like it needs to be positioned back a little more than the seat allows. I'm a little over 6'2" and have my headrest in the highest position. I'm wondering if I should modify it so I can position it a little higher.

As others have mentioned, the most comfortable seat for me has been in a Volvo. Specifically, the XC90 is the most comfortable seat I've experienced. I actually found my LX470 seats more comfortable than my LX570 seats, but perhaps I'll make more adjustments and find a setting that's just right.

+1. The 470 couches were something else entirely.
No complaints on my 570 though (in that regard LOL), i didn't even realize it had thigh support until @Tex68w mentioned it somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom