Builds Scat's GX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Give that stick on trim a try, my cuts are pretty straight but the seal gave it a much more finished look and you can cover up any mistakes.

May I ask where you ordered your ARB bumper? You made me decide that this is the bumper I will order

Hey Nik, I actually ordered it from a friend of a friend at ARB but you should be able to contact your nearest dealer with the Prado 120 part number (with flares) to order. I received mine in just a few days, there maybe some still in stock in the US warehouses but Im not sure.

hmm, I think I will go get some of that for my fenders. I cut my bumper and removed the flares, but they really would clean up the edges on my sheet metal. Good idea!

also, with the ARB and Iron Man bumpers, make sure you test your flex. I was cutting the outer edge of my tire on the boxed end of the bumper. Your offset/spacing may vary. I cut the boxed end. Once I get some of that garage stuff I will do some before and after shots so you can see what I mean.

I found some self-adhesive edge trim in my garage, so I tossed it on :p

14046007_10153921028808123_3947840771013290191_n.jpg

Last edited:
Like your flares look like they are trimmed at an angle and taper in. Mine are hollow for lack of a better term. Like it's just the edge and that's it

A little confused but my fender is also zip tied down from the front, drilled a little hole in the inside fender tab to latch onto with a zip tie.

Like where you cut the flares, it looks like it's angled in. Mine is not like that. I will try to take a pic later.

In case anyone is confused...my picture has no flares at all!

I have never explored Mt Laguna, what trail number and off of what highway.

Hey Mark, you should definitely check it out especially since its only a little over an hour from SD. Tons of dispersed camping once you get off the recreational land and a lot of hiking/biking trails as well. On this trip we took a left on hwy 80 from Pine Valley then right onto pine creek rd, from there I believe we took deer park to indian portrero that shot us back out on Sunrise hwy, camped somewhere in between all that. There are bunch of side trails that I have not explored but the main ones are pretty mild except for a few spots where 4wd is useful but a 2wd with clearance and decent tires should make it no problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom