Builds Scat's GX Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats the money shot I was looking for. Nice rack! How many MPG did you get hit with?

I'd say it probably went down about 1-1.5 mpg's but that's a given with a rack this size. I'm waiting on the wind fairing and can give you another update when it gets in

Got the roof rack Ceramic coated, really impressed with this stuff. Went with a thicker coat, super resistant to scratches/rock chips etc now;

IMG_2358_zpsqq6gfx5n.jpg

Last edited:
I sold my 80 and my Infiniti to fund and build my GX

Added a 40" light bar to the roof rack, had to grind down some of the brackets to make it sit how I wanted and still need to wire it up. Love the look and functionality of this light bar

2_zpsed8dfeqo.jpg

1_zpsut83goqn.jpg

3_zpsjxpnb5xf.jpg

Last edited:
Gave the GX a much needed front end update last weekend- ARB Prado 120 bull bar, Depo sport headlights and a 4300k hid kit was installed. Took a few days with work and what not but overall I'm really happy with the results. As you can imagine it was very nerve racking to install the bumper, I highly recommend using a dremel on the fender flares for a nice precise cut.

As a lot of y'all know this bumper leaves gaps beneath the headlights and fender flares so to fix that I used 2 types of garage door rubber/seal from Home Depot, really helps fill out the gaps along with cleaning up the fender cuts. Here are some poser shots near the beach;

IMG_9891v2_zpsl3tvzelz.jpg

IMG_9972_zpst9a8ohud.jpg

IMG_9917v2_zpssm0wi73l.jpg

Still need to bolt up the bumper skid and will be adding a pair of IPF's to the front very soon.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Here's some close up shots of what I used to fill the bumper gap;

rubber_zpsbgyqkptr.jpg

rubber2_zpsjt5teavz.jpg

The large piece is a nail down type of rubber garage seal that I stuffed in the gaps and reinforced with guerilla tape from underneath. Im planning on cutting some styrofoam and backing it for even more support. Although, the tape and rubber alone has held up fine so far with over 100+ miles of highway driving. The other trim used has 3m tape on the back and sticks well to the fenders, should maybe seal with a hairdryer. All together the trim and tape cost me about $25-$30, its not perfect but if you spent enough time on it you could get it pretty close

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom