Builds Rub A Dub Dub, Pablo's Got A New Tub!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It has been a minute since I posted any updates on my 40, but I have a few things going on...
  1. Some friends and I have been working on a header for the 2F based on the original Downey design. We have made a few design changes since the v1 prototype, so I was able to put an early prototype on my 40!
  2. The header requires removing the EGR, so I wanted to study up on that and approach the deletion of this system the right way. There is a lot of knowledge out there, so I tried to pull everything together - including scans from my Emissions Manual into one thread on emissions and proper desmog for a US fed Spec '78 40.
  3. I finally went to the parts store to score this steering stabilizer - it should be in by 1 PM!

Do you ever put things off, fearing how long or involved something might take and then once you dig in it is not that bad? I finally did my de-smog yesterday and after making the thread linked above, it went very smoothly!

I started with this:
IMG_6388 (2).JPG

IMG_6389 (2).JPG

IMG_6390.JPG

IMG_6391.JPG

It was this line being disconnected, and the fact that the shop I used for the header install not putting the ABV and air injection hoses back on that made me start This Thread.

IMG_6390.JPG

Back in the day we had to relocate the ABV for the addition of the PS pump, but all is well:

IMG_6392.JPG

Now I have the TP, Advance/Spark Control, Evap and AI systems all hooked up properly.
I am still using the ported vacuum at the carb for TP and Advance, and now also Evap.
The 1-way valve for TP was in backwards! I wonder how long it has been like that?

IMG_6393.JPG

IMG_6394.JPG

Retard port is capped off:
IMG_6395.JPG

I am no longer using the Blue VSV:
IMG_6398.JPG

No more connections at the VSV:
IMG_6397.JPG

IMG_6392.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom