Builds Rub A Dub Dub, Pablo's Got A New Tub!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going through my pictures, it would have been easier to just post a play-by-play as we went along, instead of trying to piece together ~6 years later.

The body and paint guys were located ~45 minutes NW of me, so I couldn't just head out there anytime. I would typically head out on a Saturday morning and spend a few hours reviewing and discussing with them.

It also looks like I took photos on several different devices, so different attributes when I go to sort pictures. Oh well.

In Oct of '12, I went and bought paint from my local automotive paint supplier. They were great, and printed off the recipes for the color codes - this seems like a good place to post those here. I bought the off-white for the body, the white for the roof cap, and somewhere in here I found a color code for 40 series pewter and had them cook up some of that - it came out pretty close!

40 Paint 001.jpg
40 Paint 002.jpg
40 Paint 003.jpg

Last edited:
While the tub was going on and off, the guys saw that the rear cross-member braces were pretty ratty looking:

3-24-13 060.jpg

3-24-13 057.jpg

The rear of the frame getting nice and cleaned up - sorry the pics are so blurry:

3-24-13 076.jpg

New braces in:

3-24-13 099.jpg

Last edited:
Fall in northern Colorado can be beautiful! The days get a little shorter, and the nights a little chillier, but sunny days in the 70s are not unheard of.

As best as I can tell, I took these pictures on 9 November, 2013. It was so nice they shot the hood and fenders outside, and the finished product looks great!

11-17-13 099.jpg
11-17-13 108.jpg
11-17-13 113.jpg
11-17-13 114.jpg

Last edited:
Just before Christmas of '13, they were getting ready to shoot the cowl and tub.

I don't remember why we had the side panels for the hard top on. I wasn't sure I would even post this picture, and then I spotted he '69 grille for my 55 in the foreground! I found a genuine '69 grille and brought it to these guys to blast clean:

12-22-13 141.jpg

Last edited:
When I was contemplating the disassembly of the hard top, @Chamba chimed in with some help. In one of his posts, I noticed a picture of his 40 with a 3rd brake light at the top of the roof cap. I thought it looked nice and clean, so I asked where he found this? He said it was the 3rd brake light from a 70 series.

Hmm...

I decided to go for it as I could handle the mods to the roof cap if it had come from a 70 series!

By Jan of '14 I had gotten a hold of the pieces I would need to add a brake light to the hard top.

There are 3 pieces - the base that mounts to the top, the actual brake light that is installed on the mount, and then a cover.

The base - Gasket, Stop CTR:

3-22-14 005.jpg
3-22-14 004.jpg

Amazingly, I have no pictures of the p/n for the actual LED element of the brake light.

I take pictures of everything, so not sure how that happened?

3-22-14 018.jpg

Here is the connector:

3-22-14 019.jpg

Here is how it fits to the base gasket:

3-22-14 014.jpg

And a little holder for the connector:

3-22-14 015.jpg

See what I mean about taking lots of pictures? :)

Nice! Thats a great mod for these old rigs. I need to figure something for more. It can't hurt to have more brake light visibility.

I wonder if this would fit your roof? C'mon over and we'll check it out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom