Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going to have to play with the rear suspension.
EB4E7715-DD05-4645-A01E-FFECF3461206.jpeg

Almost looks like your rear axle needs to move back a few inches. It could just be the angle of the pic, or the angle of the rear shackle making it appear that it's forward too much.

You should send it out this way and I'll test drive it for you!

Almost looks like your rear axle needs to move back a few inches. It could just be the angle of the pic, or the angle of the rear shackle making it appear that it's forward too much.

I’ll get it up on the trailer and head out after coffee.

It’s not as far forward as it looks in the pic, if I’m going to take a leaf out, might think about moving it back though. The heavies will come in handy when @dlzadl is hailing scrap or firewood.

I‘m closer, save you some gas…😁

Can’t remember from your thread which leaf springs you used. My OME’s had to settle a bit before they looked right to me. I recommend a “Co Ed Flex”. It’s a proven scientific method that will test the physical limitations of your suspension
and solve any questions you may have regarding weight distribution.

If you slip across the border into PA or WV you won’t need nearly number of “volunteers” but, you may need to “add a spring” for safety. 😏

Kids are finally in school. Longest summer of my life lol. I finally got a few hours to work on the ‘72. Small details, but moving forward. @Atram has been a huge help. Gasket and new SS screws for the rear hatch cover, just have to blast and paint the spring, and rear hatch is done. I didn’t like the look of the CAD next to the green as the interior is all SS hardware so swapped out. Mirrors are installed and we are waiting for new vent windows to be installed into frame. Have to install small rubber bumper and the lower rubber brace onto spare carrier and then that is done
57D70E63-B387-461A-AB26-A529E5084D54.jpeg
5301C279-F5AB-439E-8665-D45B36B2495A.jpeg
CB1F2119-FFE9-40E8-8DB5-34C32D67B832.jpeg
6E63CEE5-B9E7-45F4-8D5C-4716B73D371B.jpeg

I didn’t like the look of the CAD next to the green as the interior is all SS hardware so swapped out.
Ah, it’s going to be a restomod after all.😉

Ah, it’s going to be a restomod after all.😉

The Svalbard LC…It’s going in a designated underground facility for long term storage as a testimony to perseverance, determination and a maniacal attention to detail disorder….🤪

I keep flipping back to the “day one archaeological” excavation…

Please tell me you kept the “Milk Jug”.

The Svalbard LC…It’s going in a designated underground facility for long term storage as a testimony to perseverance, determination and a maniacal attention to detail disorder….🤪

I keep flipping back to the “day one archaeological” excavation…

Please tell me you kept the “Milk Jug”.
I sold the jug on ebay as a NOS mountainside solution.

The plastic on the door handles/lock isn’t available new. Reproductions and putting any time into the originals isn’t cost effective. Only pass side is available from Toyota, so two rights paired with our restored OG housings will make a pair.

3FE7B083-452E-480F-8187-361A25282ECA.jpeg

9C3C5A80-2199-41F0-93E4-36E4D7AE8B7B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom