Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious about the dash welds, were they that clean from factory ? The usual and consistent squiggle weld is not present ?
The goal with this build is quiet upgrades. Good catch on the dash welds. They’ve been cleaned up.

Now I'm start lookin but I'll respect the discretion.
Now I'm start lookin but I'll respect the discretion.
Feel free to ask any questions, there aren’t any secrets. If someone knows 40s they’ll see the mods and changes but if they don’t, it’s not real apparent.

We are getting down to crunch time, Winter is supposed to be here tomorrow and with that the roads will be pretreated with brine. We buttoned everything up that was necessary to do a shakedown. After 60 miles, we now have a small punch list to tackle this winter, this thing drives and handles great.

Last edited:
Just in time to spend a little time on some pheasants and white tails…🍺

minor highjack alert🚨. We managed to sneak in a hunt yesterday.

7214561B-DD0F-436A-AEAF-CEDC37B6242C.jpeg

Awsome…Perfect timing.

If the opportunity should arise, and it’s not too much trouble, post a pic or two.🙄

My 1yo is coming home after being at the trainers for a month, can’t wait to get him out.

Just read through the thread. Amazing how similar the ups and downs, pains and gains are. What a beautiful job. I hope mine turns out as nice. Well, done. I'm late to the show, but subscribed.
Thanks, man. In true transparency we had to trailer home yesterday with a transfer case issue. But that is what shakedown is for.

After 9 years….

Looked like you were getting the hell out of Ohio before the snow and salt start flying!

I fear issues with my t-case as well. Rebuilding them is simple enough - but what gets tricky is the output shaft spacing. When following the FSM, there's no mention of how to seat the speedo-side bearing. You don't know this until you try to seat the speedo housing and it won't seat on the t-case housing. The only thing you can really do is rubber mallet the shaft towards what would be the front of the truck until you can seat the speedo housing and get a free-turning output shaft.

Is this was is going on with yours?

I fear issues with my t-case as well. Rebuilding them is simple enough - but what gets tricky is the output shaft spacing. When following the FSM, there's no mention of how to seat the speedo-side bearing. You don't know this until you try to seat the speedo housing and it won't seat on the t-case housing. The only thing you can really do is rubber mallet the shaft towards what would be the front of the truck until you can seat the speedo housing and get a free-turning output shaft.

I haven’t torn into it yet but something is binding the 2wd 4wd shifter and not letting it come all the way back into 2wd. I also don’t have 4wd. It was driving great (62 miles)until it popped out of gear and wouldn’t go back in.

I haven’t torn into it yet but something is binding the 2wd 4wd shifter and not letting it come all the way back into 2wd. I also don’t have 4wd. It was driving great (62 miles)until it popped out of gear and wouldn’t go back in.

OK, now I’m officially paranoid…😳

OK, now I’m officially paranoid…😳
You should be fine. I’ll post up with what we find. won’t be for a few weeks, need to pay these two a little attention. Never had my hands on a 43.

DCE187D8-C7F8-4172-8FB8-DBD76AA579D3.jpeg

0E952C16-0693-48B5-9AF6-14B6CCBA1BA1.jpeg

I tried to get mine outside to clean up the bottom yesterday before we get the weather but as happens most of the time life got in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom