The painters were playing a joke on me, the upholstery pic above is a test seat that they made for their chair. Real seat progress is pictured below. The chipguard looks even better now that it is dry. There is one coat of clear over the chipguard. It will be really easy to keep clean.
We made some decent progress this week. The verticle portion of the toolbox was painted base clear. The remaining tub floor was sealed one last time with epoxy primer and top coated with chipguard and a coat of clear.
Their intern is making more progress on the upholstery. Chassis is being picked up from my garage to have the tub mounted next week and we can start assembly.
We have decided to use an OEM bumper. I had previously powdered the gussets and hooks and they didnt come through as cleanly as we had hoped. New hooks and gussets were more economical than having the old ones restored.
There are 23 holes in the top of a new FJ40 bumper but we only needed 8. It also needed a little bit of magic to make Zak happy.
Inching forward. Frame is done. Wetsanding and buffing the tub is next and then will be mounted for the final time. I am hitting the road for the annual family roadtrip but hopefully will have some more progress pics when I get back.
My dad's '69 patina/survivor is getting close as well after going through mechanicals, wiring and upholstery. He had his 60 sliders installed with Trail Tailor's bolt on kit in prep for Coal Miners Classic this weekend. If anyone sees him make sure to give him a salute.