Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well not sure if this is what you were looking for:

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430463313.900455.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430463326.716543.jpg

If not let me know and I'll try again. I know when I installed mine it wasn't easy and I needed to use a ratcheting strap to pull the spring into place.

JDC, sometimes the bolts are a smidge too long and touch the spring. Obviously any exposed thread inside the spring hanger is just wasted material. If this is the problem, just cut/grind the bolts shorter as needed.

JDC, sometimes the bolts are a smidge too long and touch the spring. Obviously any exposed thread inside the spring hanger is just wasted material. If this is the problem, just cut/grind the bolts shorter as needed.
Thanks Jim. I am planning on using blue loctite for final assembly. Is there a better product or is this overkill?

Those little bolts are only there to keep the big shoulder of the springpin held into the precision hole of the spring hanger. They don't really see much load & never loosen up IME. A little loctite won't hurt, but is prolly unnecessary. Actually, because you are also in OH, I strongly recommend anti-seez on all the things. You & I will have far more difficulty with rusty/stuck fasteners, rather than fasteners that come loose.

FWIW, things that do loosen up, IME: shock bolts/nuts, spring u-bolts & nuts.

JDC, Lookin' good!

Did you blast the axle and wheels yourself?
And then had the wheels commercially PC'd, and painted the axle yourself?
Thanks jim,

We had the same company that did the frame sandblast both and pc the wheels. I painted the axle housing.

After putting a hubcap on I do not like the how light the rims turned out. I will let them sit awhile and then might scuff and paint with a color matched to original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom