Relic Run 24 April 17-24 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A lotta words to try to answer as many related questions before they come up :):

Anybody with a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance coverage can register as a driver. [Car insurance is not a requirement if they have a trail rig with no tags, but keep in mind that those vehicles are NOT allowed to operate on ANY of the roads inside the forest; they must disembark from their trailers in one of the trailside parking lots specifically for that purpose.] Each vehicle driving at the event will need to purchase the Driver Registration option, and it will come with the same perks as any other driver registration even if it is for a minor. Per insurance requirements, all minors attending (drivers AND passengers) must have a guardian sign the MINORS insurance form at the check in tent with the name of each minor they are representing.

Registration will start once we finish hammering out the last few details on the website...hopefully very soon. There is no limit to the number of attendees so don't get your mouse-clicking fingers too antsy like for Fall Crawl!

And while I'm thinking of it, PLEASE remember to purchase and display the trail pass that you will need to buy at Eldorado Outpost (on Hwy 109, 1/4-mile from where you will turn onto Mullinix Rd to get to camp. We had a member get a ticket from a forest ranger this past fall who saw him exit a trail onto a service road - he'd left his trail pass on the seat of his tow rig. It was rather embarrassing for his wife and kids!
Sounds like @hakalugi and son are in! :steer:

I am trying to get @prharper to come... he might be attending a music festival in TX. I even used the ploy of bringing his son and new taco to the event! Now thre will be another your blood new to driving off road for him to make a friend with!

Saw this posted online and started to drool!
@davidp14 think you can make your street corn loose like this so we can replicate ??

Grilled Steak Elote Tacos

1707087087420.png

well I am going ahead with making plans for the Relic Run and just hoping that the GX will be repairable after a damn squirrel decided to make a nest and chew the wiring harness all up.... F^*K%NG Squirrel!

I was thinking about food... of course... and i know a few of you were also doing the same @matzell I am looking your way!!!

It really depends on when we plan to roll into camp. Were people thinking of going down on Wednesday or arriving on Thursday?

Thursday I was planning on doing the Grilled Steak Elote Tacos for a shareable dinner @davidp14 said he would help with the loose street corn part of the meal and maybe if @prharper comes we can use his Spare tire grill to cook the steaks on. ( see photo earlier in this thread )

I know @CrabCake said he was doing his name sake sliders ( which were amazing at Fall Crawl ) @JohnVee I think you missed them so be sure to try them this go around!

@matzell has promised to eat anything offered to him... as long as there are table cloth and napkins!!

Friday night is the event's Pot Luck dinner.... did anyone have plans or ideas for doing anything for that? I might do my normal whiskey glazed sausage and peppers unless anyone else has something going on.

Saturday dinner is the Catered BBQ which has been pretty darn good the last few years so I am looking forward to that! as well as the Raffle too!

If we roll in on Wednesday I was thinking maybe doing the Mac n' Cheese with ground Venison & BBQ as a bring a bowl and have a munch.
OR just making up a few burgers or some nice hot dogs up. Maybe some baked beans... simple and comfort food is always nice.

As for breakfast time I was planning on just making up sausage & cheese on English muffins. nothing fancy just quick and easy.
Lunch will be just a sandwich on the trail.

Remember that there is the food counter at the Outpost... they have decent stuff but it is priced like everything is nowadays.

Boy i really hope the GX is fixable and I can get everything else done cause now I am hungry!!!

Thinking about it but have made no plans as of yet.....

I'm shooting for Wednesday travel day, so I can be flexible on my contribution/s. Would be good to plan what day to do the sliders, maybe a perfect contribution to the Pot Luck? If so, I'll need to bring a bit more than Fall Crawl!

I definitely dragged down too much crap and food to FC, so I'll be lightening the load considerably for this trip. That said, happy to bring whatever helps out.

I'm shooting for Wednesday travel day, so I can be flexible on my contribution/s. Would be good to plan what day to do the sliders, maybe a perfect contribution to the Pot Luck? If so, I'll need to bring a bit more than Fall Crawl!

I definitely dragged down too much crap and food to FC, so I'll be lightening the load considerably for this trip. That said, happy to bring whatever helps out.
well you will have to bring a metric ton of the sliders cause there will be 100 people + scarfing them down if you bring them for the pot luck portion!

yeah its hard to figure out what to bring and not to bring on these trips... I used to have lots more food in the cooler but I have been pairing it back alot the last few times as I got a better handle on what people were eating and how many were doing it. Now I dont have as much wasted food which is a peeve of mine. I guess it was all those lectures about starving kids in Africa as a child!

I would think that Wednesday would be my preferred travel day as well. It is also nice to caravan down with a few to a full crew worth of friends to make the drive more interesting ... chatting on the radios and all and whatnot.

On Friday they are doing trail rides at Grand Overland property which is like right across the road I believe from the campground or at least very close by... @JohnVee can you confirm or give a bit more detail. I didn't do that last year but people said it was a fun and different experience than the regular trails.

You will like the Relic.. there is a spot in a smaller lower field area off to the side of the pavillion that CLCC normally takes over as our own little spot. It is a bit quieter ( sort of ) but we have our own fire pit area and it is like our own mini FC LOL. A bunch of folks from the NC crews come over and hang out with us there too.
There are trees on the edges so you can put your tent up there for some shade but it isnt like the main area where everyone is actually in the woods camping.

If we don't have a big fire we will at least 2 Solo Stoves going between @davidp14 and myself ( if my GX is fixed ) and a 3rd from @prharper if he is able to make it too.

The blue circle is where the camping in the woods is and the red circle is the area we normally use.... the black circle is where we try to put @matzell because he scares the bears away with his "night noises" LOL

1708740992492.png

On Friday they are doing trail rides at Grand Overland property which is like right across the road I believe from the campground or at least very close by... @JohnVee can you confirm or give a bit more detail. I didn't do that last year but people said it was a fun and different experience than the regular trails.
Yes, the GO trails are Friday only, they are about 4-5 minutes down the road, and all groups are required by the venue owner to be led by ONSC event staff. We will be the only people using it that day. There is no official map for GO but I've heard of some tracks floating around somewhere. It's laid out like a mini Rausch Creek - lots of short trails that connect to the larger trails/roads. It's usually easy enough to just drive to the exit of a trail and wait for the others to come out if it's harder than you want. Lots of it is stock friendly, some of it definitely isn't. It also doesn't look like the URE trails for some reason.

No my 40 will not be done by then. I will be hauling Steve’s 40 down.

I'm out. Didn't know my daughter had a piano recital that Saturday. Stupid parental responsibilities!
yeah adulting is no fun!! we will miss ya but be the good parent and make sure you clap really loud and if you can sneak one of the big read plastic horns in to blow and cheer her on.... I am certain she would appreciate that alot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom