Recreating NLA Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Mtnmort,

Did it fit on the 55 bracket? I think that's the one I bought and it wasn't close. I'll have to pull mine off the shelf.

IMG_8618.PNG
IMG_8617.PNG
Mtnmort,

Did it fit on the 55 bracket? I think that's the one I bought and it wasn't close. I'll have to pull mine off the shelf.

I don't know yet. I'm waiting for it to arrive. I'll let you know. I wish it came with the base.

I saw this and thought it was interesting. He will print a handle in stainless or polished nickel steel. It says it still has print lines on it though. 1972 FJ55 Tailgate Handle by jrh00800 on Shapeways

Good find @mtnmort . If you do purchase please let us know how it turns out. In the meantime @PabloCruise and I have exchanged some info and will start looking at reproduction of this piece as well.

I've had mixed experiences with the sintered parts from Shapeways. The seller is correct that it'll have lines (think topographic maps) in areas of high curvature, but the polished nickel looks mighty pretty in my experience.

Hey everyone, a quick update. I'm moving ahead fast on the door latch backing pieces. Working with a local vendor to create an injection mold. I'll keep everyone updated as things progress, but for now safe to say we're probably 6 or so weeks out from the first injection molded parts.

I'm very much considering this my first "test run" for feasibility of recreating parts. After this, we'll see which parts make the most sense next. Thanks to everyone for the support. Cheers!

For the door latch backing plate, I'd be down for five sets (20 pieces)

*EDIT* I suppose I better put a caveat of: assuming a reasonable price :)

Haha, I was thinking the same. I'm still working through the pricing. Not looking to get rich, just cover costs and help us all out.

I'm heading out tomorrow to get some aluminum stock. I plan to re-tool this week, and hopefully start punching out some this weekend.

Speaking of pricing... what do you charge for those, @scorcher1967 ?

Progress... psh. For the door backing pieces, the modeling is done, the part has been prototyped and verified for form/fit/function. The mold layout is complete, just waiting for the tooling to be cut. Therein is the current hangup. Things are progressing, just s...l....o...w...e...r than planned. Getting there. Patience is a virtue... right!?

Hey @DoubleNickels, any chance you might work on those wiper link bushings before too long? I need the fj55 versions x4...also, has anyone inquired regarding the windshield wiper pivot housings? I could use a couple for my pig...LMK! Thanks!

Progress... psh. For the door backing pieces, the modeling is done, the part has been prototyped and verified for form/fit/function. The mold layout is complete, just waiting for the tooling to be cut. Therein is the current hangup. Things are progressing, just s...l....o...w...e...r than planned. Getting there. Patience is a virtue... right!?
DoubleNickels help;
any updates?; am hurting :bang: for the inner door handle backing pieces :frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom