Builds Rebuilding a 40 but no longer in a 1 car garage. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you are able to anything more than pull a few parts off of that thing, I will be very impressed. Best of luck.
I've seen what he did with his other one, so it'll be ship shape in no time.

Have to say I've got a bit of shop envy. I'd be doing well to be able to drive my 40 into the shop... hopefully soon. I can dream.

I'm just going to clean this one up before I continue with the other one. I have to store it in the garage at home with my wife walking by it on a regular basis. She won't apreciate it in the state it is in now.:deadhorse:

Out of the country for work lately. But got Some work done on the upstairs floor.
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0523.JPG

Boy, this is going to be good!:popcorn:

That pitman arm is scary. I'm not sure what your plans are, but it looks like you have some sort of standard conversion steering (mini truck or fj60). Cruiser outfitters sells conversion pitman arms and that may be a simple fix without opening a whole can of worms.

nice workspace, look forward to your build. Good luck

Is that a bugger weld on the Pittman Arm????
Yep.
Question is, what will last longer the weld or the ty rip in the steering collom?

That pitman arm is scary. I'm not sure what your plans are, but it looks like you have some sort of standard conversion steering (mini truck or fj60). Cruiser outfitters sells conversion pitman arms and that may be a simple fix without opening a whole can of worms.

nice workspace, look forward to your build. Good luck

This is just a clean up, replacing most of the rust with steel before storing it at home.
I want to finish the '78 before this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom