Builds Rebuilding a 40 but no longer in a 1 car garage. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Arrgggghh! That's just wrong. Sterile environment for working on a Land Cruiser? Well organized? C'mon it just ain't right. Old FJ40's gotta get down in the dirt or at least a highly cluttered garage, grease, oil and unknown fluids smeared floors, dirty overalls metric and sae tools scattered willy nilly, leg cramps from contorting to get the best angle for removal of a stubborn greasy heavy part. You are spoiling your unit. Is this how it's done in Africa or South America? NO!
man I wish I had a set up like that.

I know, but it is a fase we have to go through.:hillbilly:

It is going to get worse, we are going to paint the floor.:rimshot: White.

Is this a space you purchased or are leasing?

Light grey on the floors instead of white, imo. Will hide dirt better. I held off on epoxying my floor. Will do it once the 40 is back together. Just too much grease, welding, general junk that will tear it up.

It looks like you have thought about this for a bit. Well planned and organized, wish mine was.

White floor is OK only if you equip your shop with these OR lights.:hillbilly:

watermark.php

It looks like you have thought about this for a bit. Well planned and organized, wish mine was.
Trial and error, learned the hard way, you won't get a chance to do it later.
I have 2 months to prep before my extra garage needs to be empty. You think that gives me time but it is ging to be tight.

Yep, I used a couple of stand up lockers and made selves for the inside. You can store your shop chemicals and etc. like paint, oil, cleaning products in one. In the other one I keep my manuals, dial indicators, different set up tools and other measuring equip. along with my electrical connectors and crimpers. I'm sure you already have thought about it but, mount you a light above your work bench so you can see those little numbers and when writing and reading. Gotta have a vice, no way around it. Tractor weight works well as a table top when you gotta beat on stuff. But you are well on your way and looks as if you have plan.

Yep, I used a couple of stand up lockers and made selves for the inside. You can store your shop chemicals and etc. like paint, oil, cleaning products in one. In the other one I keep my manuals, dial indicators, different set up tools and other measuring equip. along with my electrical connectors and crimpers. I'm sure you already have thought about it but, mount you a light above your work bench so you can see those little numbers and when writing and reading. Gotta have a vice, no way around it. Tractor weight works well as a table top when you gotta beat on stuff. But you are well on your way and looks as if you have plan.
Yep, got the garage at home filled with tools, check the other tread.

Got the 10w floodlight leds for above the bench.

IMG_0261.JPG
Slowly making progress, finished the steelwork for the floor.
There is going to be a hatch to lift things up on the right side.

Man you got it going on, looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom