rear body mounts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Se le vi for the newbie!
Get to practice some more fab/welding I guess.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah 😂
image.jpg

Trans mount will be fun. Got some ideas on how to make it prettier.

Danger must be your middle name.

Not sure if these links will work but I've made the switch to these and wont go back.

Amazon product ASIN B07B5WTVCS

71aNrF3jS4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Freud DB 4.5 Diamond DISC MTL Cutting​

You guys that out different engines in, did you keep your rear heater? I welded up the hole for those lines and it looks like my engine would have been in the way anyway.

How did y’all keep it? Did you link into your Restomod Air system? I saw this switch a long time back. Perhaps something like this?
4B1A05F4-5BEB-4184-B2E0-2E25B04ECA9D.jpeg

I do not have the rear heater. Here in San Diego you don't need heat for 80% of the year. If it was a rear a/c that would still be here

I ran mine for several years, but with nobody in the back and adding the water tank I deleted it. Some day I'm putting in a diesel heater to heat the tent and the interior if needed.

I am going to mess with it some more before I throw in the towel and start cutting.
So going back more or just up?
Not sure if these links will work but I've made the switch to these and wont go back.

Amazon product ASIN B07B5WTVCS

71aNrF3jS4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Freud DB 4.5 Diamond DISC MTL Cutting​

What thickness you like those up to? I do know how quick the death wheels disappear on anything remolty thick.

I ran mine for several years, but with nobody in the back and adding the water tank I deleted it. Some day I'm putting in a diesel heater to heat the tent and the interior if needed.
I am guessing you ran the hoses through the firewall in a different place?

So I’m back in.
Thoughts
Without getting into cutting the firewall I have about 1/4” between the crank pulley at the tightest and about the same at the firewall passenger side, maybe a bit more.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Do engines move around more than that?

If I do a little cutting on the firewall then I could get more distance. You know I want to but not really. Especially if my spacing is good to go!

is your suspension at ride height or are you stuffed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom