Random chit chat thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At work now and it will be the last. I'm excited to do house work and truck projects! I can get lots done in a few weeks. If this lasts months maybe the 1uz will go in.

72de4c630da0a2fafd94172cc8dac464fe71486120160942660fdf885a92bcc3.jpg

the bread shortage is a direct result of the toilet paper shortage.

I had to venture to the hardware store today, and while I had an anxiety attack I was able to see this awesome Toyota

It has a PA license plate, anyone know who it might be?
I wanted one of these so badly and still do

I had to venture to the hardware store today, and while I had an anxiety attack I was able to see this awesome Toyota

Wait I’m confused are RAV4’s actually 4WD? Are they badass? Always thought these were just camrys with an SUV body on them?

I’m not talking smack I am just seriously uneducated as to whether these are cool or not lol. That one looks alright, if nothing else.

I first came across these in Germany in ‘94. There was a local ‘yoda dealer in the village I was living in and they had it sitting out front. Not sure if it was a RAV4 but it was the body and the 2 door variant. IIRC, it was 4WD. Don’t think many were like that until they switched to AWD. Anyway, thought they were pretty neat looking at the time.

Wait I’m confused are RAV4’s actually 4WD? Are they badass? Always thought these were just camrys with an SUV body on them?

I’m not talking smack I am just seriously uneducated as to whether these are cool or not lol. That one looks alright, if nothing else.

Rav4's are AWD they never had a true 4WD system. They are okay systems, I have always felt secure to the road in them in all sorts of weather. People in other countries actually wheel them, they have lift kits for all most all generations. The 3rd gen, the only Rav to ever get a V6 option and one of the largest platforms of the name, had any lift pulled off shelves due to the recall on the rear steering.

I first came across these in Germany in ‘94. There was a local ‘yoda dealer in the village I was living in and they had it sitting out front. Not sure if it was a RAV4 but it was the body and the 2 door variant. IIRC, it was 4WD. Don’t think many were like that until they switched to AWD. Anyway, thought they were pretty neat looking at the time.

I would have to do research to see, but from what I am aware they only came AWD, but if there was one that actually had a transfer case that would be neat to see! I would love to locate a 2-Door Soft-top variant.

There was a 2door LC that looked similar to a Rav4. I want to say it was a 90series prado or something like that...

Some RAV 4s came with rear locking diffs.

My sister has one of these (not lifted), 300000+ mi and just replaced the clutch. This is her second vehicle ever and she is 15years older than me.
Her first was a blue, 2wd '83 Hilux which was the first yota I ever drove.

Some RAVs were two wheel drive!

I wonder if you could take an Rav and drop it on a true 4WD drivetrain...

Avi it is now your job to build a solid axle, triple locked RAV4 on 37’s. I want to see it on the trail when quarantine is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom