questions on solid vs. two-tone FJ55s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the slightly patina’d grills but do agree on the cut out letters.

I would repaint the truck whatever it was when it was born if you are looking for full collector value.

I would typically say the same but I'm not sure if I could handle a solid blue pig. Maybe if it was a darker 60 series blue.....

55's look best in two tone. All of them should have been produced that way.

I would typically say the same but I'm not sure if I could handle a solid blue pig. Maybe if it was a darker 60 series blue.....

55's look best in two tone. All of them should have been produced that way.

Agreed. I really like that two tone look.

I thought that two tone was 55's only option unless it was red(or was it orange) in which case solid was available.:meh:

I love the cut out grills.
The only standard solid color I remember is white. I could be mistaken however. Treeroot would know for sure.

The only standard solid color I remember is white. I could be mistaken however. Treeroot would know for sure.

Bought and sold an original paint ‘76 Pig that was solid Freeborn Red.

I'm beginning the work on the frame-off restoration of my '77 FJ55. I got the engine out and in the next week or so I'm hoping to have the body on my friend's rotisserie. I'm wanting to change the truck from the single 854 sky blue to the two-tone 854/031 sky blue on white.

Can we see a photo of the VIN plate that shows the color code?

Here you go...
IMG_0180.JPG

Do all years list the body colour on the engine bay plate?

Here is a pic of the front bench seat. The back seat is covered up by boxes of parts, so I couldn't get a pic of it, but it's basically the same as the front. It looks like my truck is just a month older than yours.

Cheers!
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG

Mine is an October 1976 build date, btw.

"From the 40/55 FAQ paint code chart, it appears that sky blue and white were the only solid pigs from 1975 to 1979."

Don't know how I ended up with a '76 with original Freeborn Red paint then.

My 77 had that exact seat with headrests.

Hoping I can eventually find a close match for the fabric. Would like to have the seats recovered with new foam and like the look. Obviously the vinyl is easy to match....maybe I can find something similar for the cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom