Pyramid Vinyl matting for the FJ45LV floor mats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This thread is a spin off of a conversation we had during a ongoing restoration thread.

Through a IH8 forum team effort, appears we located material to that matches oem floor mats. Material is found here: Pyramid Vinyl Matting - Canal Rubber

I have the passenger floor template. I have a rear mat, but after further inspection appears to be one off a 40.

My guy said he will make the passenger and any other versions with the snaps for me.

I think he can make the fronts without a template, just using the snap holes as guides.

I am going to order black material this week.

Question:

Does anyone know if the 45lv had a rear mat? I haven't been able to locate the pin holes for the snaps, so assuming not but I could be wrong.

IMG_6784.jpg

Hey @kanacki00 just thought I’d check in for an update. Another member just bought an LV with an original floor mat and it reminded me of this potential group buy. any luck finding someone that could reproduce these?

Here’s that other thread with photos of his rear mat

Looks like @Mtntopper has a different piece of the floor covering then the piece shown above by @kanacki00. Wow.
I preserved it to use as a pattern. Looks like it was originally a white floor. That's awesome that you found a source for the vinyl, was it found to be a good product?

Edit: Looked white last night, but on closer inspection, the factory mat is definitely black.

Last edited:
I've selected an upholsterer for the vinyl seats and door cards, they say they can do the pyramid vinyl mats too. I have a complete specimen from the rear seat floors for a pattern. Does anyone have a front piece that can be donated for a pattern? It will be returned along with a shiny new one for your troubles. Please PM me if you can help, I'm trying to have everything over to the upholsterer in the next couple weeks. I've only ordered enough of the pyramid vinyl to do a couple mats for now. After I can confirm the quality of the prototype, it will be group buy time.
Thanks!

I've selected an upholsterer for the vinyl seats and door cards, they say they can do the pyramid vinyl mats too. I have a complete specimen from the rear seat floors for a pattern. Does anyone have a front piece that can be donated for a pattern? It will be returned along with a shiny new one for your troubles. Please PM me if you can help, I'm trying to have everything over to the upholsterer in the next couple weeks. I've only ordered enough of the pyramid vinyl to do a couple mats for now. After I can confirm the quality of the prototype, it will be group buy time.
Thanks!
you rock! I hope the prototype looks good. I wish I had a template to loan out, @kanacki00 was the only other person I knew had some of those pieces and sadly he doesn't look to be an active mudder anymore. Hopefully he hops back on (does anyone know how to reach him outside of mud?) or someone else will chime in though, fingers crossed.

Called the owner of this mat up in WY, it's shipping out to me tomorrow. Should be enough to work with here. I was thinking to make a cardboard template for the flat areas that are missing, unless someone has a better suggestion.
Also talked to Canalrubber out in NYC. They said the most common use of their pyramid vinyl is for car restorations. I ordered enough material to make three sets of front and rear mats.

Resized_20211114_103051.jpeg

Really cool stuff. It may not be factory, but creating a cargo area mat out of the same material might be interesting.

@Mtntopper- I’m glad the Montana LV is in your good hands. Keep up the good work.

The LV floors were painted Black but some of the mats are white. Are you looking at producing the mats in both colors? ( sorry to complicate things ). For the LV historians, are there years that the rig had black mats and other years they were white?

I’m probably in for a set as well.

Really cool stuff. It may not be factory, but creating a cargo area mat out of the same material might be interesting.

@Mtntopper- I’m glad the Montana LV is in your good hands. Keep up the good work.

The LV floors were painted Black but some of the mats are white. Are you looking at producing the mats in both colors? ( sorry to complicate things ). For the LV historians, are there years that the rig had black mats and other years they were white?

I believe they were white through 1964 and then switched to black in 1965.

I thought about the white. I just couldn't imagine how it could ever be kept clean, even if I only wore silk booties on it. Happy to do it in white though. After I'm satisfied with the prototypes, I will definitely take some orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom