Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

7970EC2E-02B9-4E29-8806-947D47E59DEC.jpeg

She took her last ride up the rack today for a heavy dose of Fluid Film. I had washed it all off because I wanted to for sale photos to look real. Now the top is on and tidy. Ready to head north.

48400BC6-A39D-46EB-9AFA-BDFB2E3EA6A4.jpeg

DE449212-1ED1-4A85-B9B3-286F3C4497EF.jpeg

BF686460-526F-4D89-BC71-D20E34BB544A.jpeg

282E9DEB-ACD0-41B0-BD73-D90224387495.jpeg

I woke up to the good news that the shipper was coming today.

I grabbed Patina for one last ride. Topped off the tank with some non ethanol from the farm tank with Hey Jude playing in the radio

I pulled it into the field and left for some food

3C505808-3780-4C47-921A-B2F365063EEE.jpeg

When I came home this was sitting next to it.

Straight in from the heart of Yankee country.

The Lake City Limo is in the house

F5E9A99D-BCF8-4A9F-9755-BAC80E03C37E.jpeg

455482BD-E796-4E3C-A325-0287D5A220EA.jpeg

The Lake City Limo is here for a Patina treatment and will be headed to Houston soon.

In the mean time, nothing from the shipper.

That is until my crazy neighbor sent me a text telling me some Canadian guy was blocking Davis Crossing road with his doors open in his truck looking for my house.

I round the corner at 4:40 pm to see this monster in my driveway.

294DEA89-30D4-4D09-B82B-3D8D4F496807.jpeg

Awesome truck! Patina is headed to Canada in style baby.

The guy is in no hurry. Wants to talk. Probes me a bit about politics and then pops his MAGA hat on and starts talking conspiracy theories.

Im having fun. We start talking cars and guns and s*** when he finally gets around to popping the back cover on the truck and tells me he has no ramps.

Well? WTF?

He then tells me his dispatch (in Canada) is calling a roll back to load my truck then back up to the semi and then we will drive the 40 in.

s***. Had I known all this I would have made a ramp with my dozer.

Now it’s dark. I ask him to call dispatch.

Dispatch says maybe y’all should call someone in the morning.

WTF?

3B7F15A3-1FA2-4DE0-A5DC-CAAA67AC1674.jpeg

I call my neighbor that has a roll back.

Correction. He used to have one.

I call my other neighbor. He has cotton trucks. We can do the same thing as a rollback.

Well he’s not home.

He says he has a forklift ramp that’s only 6’ wide.

I take off in Patina and check the size. I have 3” or so on each side.

Gold!

I head back to the truck and the dude is asleep and after I get him awake he asks if we can just do it in the morning.

Patina does not want to leave it seems.........

To be continued.

FUBAR

Awesome truck! Patina is headed to Canada in style baby.

The guy is in no hurry. Wants to talk. Probes me a bit about politics and then pops his MAGA hat on and starts talking conspiracy theories.

Im having fun. We start talking cars and guns and s*** when he finally gets around to popping the back cover on the truck and tells me he has no ramps.

Well? WTF?

He then tells me his dispatch (in Canada) is calling a roll back to load my truck then back up to the semi and then we will drive the 40 in.

s***. Had I known all this I would have made a ramp with my dozer.

Now it’s dark. I ask him to call dispatch.

Dispatch says maybe y’all should call someone in the morning.

WTF?

View attachment 2521210

Epic trucker crack! Great thread, probably one of the best looking patina trucks I've ever seen.

Epic trucker crack! Great thread, probably one of the best looking patina trucks I've ever seen.

You should have seen how happy he was when I showed up this am with coffee.

Well I guess I should probably continue the story....

Patina is now safe and warm inside...be it a little more north. A little bit of choke and she started right up like it was the first time. The guys at the yard weren't comfortable unloading her so had to step in and drive it back and out off then ramp.

That is after I helped find the trailer which had been left at the back of the yard.

A quick flat bed tow home....and I've spent the last few hours just admiring all the details and thought that went into this build.

It won't be the last everyone sees of her don't worry...

20201214_215125.jpg

Happy to see you here to continue the story!

No way. I'm gonna find a way to age the fender lights. Bib lights are right.

Lots to document here for those that want to do this swap.

We told you about the motor mounts.

We have a drivers side mount (front of motor) that is universal. F and 2F. Same bolt size same pattern.

The passenger side.

The F has the same mount both sides. The 2F that I have from and AC truck had a huge motor mount with AC bracket.

We used the F passenger bracket and he holes needed to be bored out on the bracket to 12mm (2 buckets did a fantastic job.

In the end though, the mount holes in the frame were about 2" too narrow.

We took a carbide bit and elongated the hole to fit.

Carbide bit for the win.

Huge PITA but would have been a snap if we had known before.

Documenting if anyone searches Putting a 2F in a F Cruiser ....

See pics above.

BTW we used the modern rectangular motor mounts. Either would work.

Re-reading your thread. It is crazy how similar Project Patina is to our 71 Patina Queen. I got lucky and ours already has a 77/78 2F installed. So I’m now trying to rebuild the Carburetor along with all the other work you have done to recommission her and get her back in running condition. This is a father daughter project for me and Emily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom