Project "Beaker" a BJ-44 expedition build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday we cut out some frame box in plates. got them all welded up and ready to mount the coil bucket in place. We decided to box in the frame due to the weight that will be put in the truck for extended periods of time. Its just some 3/16 plate CRS.

Justin
FILE0007.jpg

So we got the scab plates on and the whole unit mocked in the frame, so we can final weld the scab plates.

Pics of how the coil bucket attaches to the scab plates!

Next we will grind and smooth the ends, has well as cap the front and back of the coil bucket to keep the crud out of the unit!

Justin
FILE0013.jpg
FILE0016.jpg

coil bucket in, we won't fully weld her in quite yet, we still have some frame clean up to do!

Justin
FILE0004.jpg

I like the detail that the leading edge is solid and cannot collect crud. Perfect for a rig that may go a long time between washings!

I like the detail that the leading edge is solid and cannot collect crud. Perfect for a rig that may go a long time between washings!

Agreed.

Looks fantastic Justin!

Its been some time from our last post! Sorry guys! These pieces are for the coil mount/truss/upper link mount for the rig! made of 3/16 plate. this will allow a really nice clean set up for the axle!

Justin
IMG_7295.jpg

Saw this in the flesh soon after Redline picked it up...can't wait to see what he does to it. Sure to be another siiiiiiiiiiiiiick build from RL!!!!!!

Nice Fab work Justin! I really like seeing what you guys come up with, always super cool :)

Kraig, it's going to be sweet!

This is awesome, wow. Keep it up o wamna see the finished product.

Hey guys, what's happening? :popcorn::cheers:

The delay is my fault. As I am probably one of the only coloradicals not going to Moab, I told him he could park my rig while he tackles those that need rigs built in time for the event.

He did send me some eye candy of the rear suspension assembled and the truck back on its own four feet, but I will let him post that up! I don't want to steal his thunder and I know he has some spit and polish to do before he thinks it is ready to show this crowd!

K

Any updates? This rig is going to be awesome when it is done.

I went down the other day to pick up some parts and the rear suspension looks incredible. They've done a great job of fabbing everything to be strong as hell, and also be adjustable and configurable depending on load.

While I was there they were cutting off the front axle and suspension to get started on the front end design. Right now the plan is to get that done, button up both the front and back end for polish, and then I drive it for a little while to make sure it's all set up properly.

Justin and I discussed it and we decided that it's probably better to leave the stock steering in place for a while. When I install the 1hz I just obtained from japan we can add power steering because the pump is already incorporated. Sourcing all of the parts to put power steering on a 2B would be wasted considering the pending engine swap. Also, with a tight fit of the 1hz it's better to do both the air conditioning and the power steering at the same time as the swap.

Justin is slammed right now with a ton of new work. He's got some great projects coming up. I know he will get some pictures up on my rig pretty soon but I'm sure he wants to get everything looking really sharp before he does.

Also, I know people are going to ask... The engine swap will be a 1HZ paired with an H55 and split a case from a 70 series replacing the 2B/H55 in there now. I also already have the 40 series top cover on the current H55 so everything should line up beautifully. I am also working with Graeme from GTurbo to get one of his incredible turbos on this thing.

Last edited:
Guess what I did today...

ForumRunner_20120809_214455.jpg

Anyone know what this is? :)

ForumRunner_20120809_214436.jpg

Yep... 1HZ with H55 and vacuum split transfer for the 44

ForumRunner_20120809_214423.jpg

Looks small on Jeff's trailer, but at 1K lbs it had a fat ass.

ForumRunner_20120809_214401.jpg
ForumRunner_20120809_214401.jpg
ForumRunner_20120809_214423.jpg
ForumRunner_20120809_214436.jpg
ForumRunner_20120809_214455.jpg

And here are some pics of the rear triangulated 4link setup. He still needs to box and polish but damn it looks good!

ForumRunner_20120809_214831.jpg

ForumRunner_20120809_214855.jpg

ForumRunner_20120809_214920.jpg

ForumRunner_20120809_214936.jpg
ForumRunner_20120809_214831.jpg
ForumRunner_20120809_214855.jpg
ForumRunner_20120809_214920.jpg
ForumRunner_20120809_214936.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom