Prinsu 200 Series Rack INSTALLED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hole spacing is actually on, but the "nut" portion needs to fit in the 80/20 channel. 80/20 sells all of this, and @619TOY also many threads ago linked to where he got some hardware. I ordered a few of several styles of t-channel nuts to see what worked best.

This rack is all about tinkering.

View attachment 1722837
Got it, and thanks for the cross section. I was going to explore the 80 / 20 site for just this type of thing as I need to piece together a couple of bike mounts for the top as well. I'm planning on picking up a couple of surface mount fork mounts (possibly Yakima or Thule), then fab up some short tray rear wheel attachments from some old Yakima rooftop carriers I've got around here somewhere. This will come in handy. Will post what I come up with when I get around to it. Thanks @Yossarian .

I would need to confirm the length, but I think these are the screws. The nuts are 80/20 nuts which you can get in carbon or stainless steel. McMaster-Carr

@Yossarian @619TOY Can you guys share part numbers/photos of the nuts/studs you bought to fasten the USCC rings and plates to the 80/20 bars? Thank you!

IMG_20180822_172932.jpg
IMG_20180822_175257.jpg

Just ordered the Prinsu for my 2018 Land Cruiser! Thanks to all the contributors in this thread. Very helpful information here!

Nearly finished installing my Prinsu on my 2018 LC. I did lose two of the OEM fasteners during the install so I decided to send it to my mechanic so he can fish them out and finish the install. If it weren't for that, it would have been one of the easiest upgrade installs I've done. The rack goes together easily (time-consuming due to the number of washers and screws) and all of the other fasteners stayed in place making the bolting down a breeze.

fk1t0y.jpg

5oywdy.jpg

I just tried installing for about three hours, and never, despite trying every possible combination of spacers, got it to sit anywhere near flush on the roof. Am I the only one having this kind of issue? There are quarter inch gaps on some of the mount points.

I refuse to use two spacers stacked together or more than one washer.

36A18E63-B6FA-409D-A9D6-1AD8B02A0B4A.jpeg
7CA810BD-6DDA-4243-8EAA-306EB3AF93B1.jpeg
65D4EA3E-1FC1-4544-B2F8-BE48F530E2C6.png

My problem is this is a rigid piece of aluminum end to end. The cross rails are not affecting its shape in that direction.

Further, directions clearly say to assemble rack first.

I’ll mess with it again next week. May give cbi a call.

I just tried installing for about three hours, and never, despite trying every possible combination of spacers, got it to sit anywhere near flush on the roof. Am I the only one having this kind of issue? There are quarter inch gaps on some of the mount points.

I refuse to use two spacers stacked together or more than one washer.

View attachment 1808282 View attachment 1808283 View attachment 1808284

The curve of the roof does not match the curve of the side rails. The middle two feet on the side rails will sit closer to the roof than the outer feet on each corner. Try and get the middle two feet as close to the roof as possible without contact, this will minimize the distance of the outer feet and the roofline.

I've thought about getting bar stock and trimming to fit exactly so as to not use the supplied spacers and washers to shim that last bit.

FYI, If the cross bars are loose, they should not affect the fitment of the side rails. Let us know how it goes.

The curve of the roof does not match the curve of the side rails. The middle two feet on the side rails will sit closer to the roof than the outer feet on each corner. Try and get the middle two feet as close to the roof as possible without contact, this will minimize the distance of the outer feet and the roofline.

I've thought about getting bar stock and trimming to fit exactly so as to not use the supplied spacers and washers to shim that last bit.

FYI, If the cross bars are loose, they should not affect the fitment of the side rails. Let us know how it goes.

Agree and i did pull the middle two sets of spacers, which put those feet just above the roof and got me closer than anything else. Still have to support that section though, so maybe I’ll get some custom spacers there, or trim existing ones down.

Agree and i did pull the middle two sets of spacers, which put those feet just above the roof and got me closer than anything else. Still have to support that section though, so maybe I’ll get some custom spacers there, or trim existing ones down.

Another member did away with the round spacers all together and went with square stock. He has it posted here on mud in the 200 section somewhere.

It’s pretty unbelievable to me that a product like this that’s ‘made’ for the 200 requires so much...customization.

It’s pretty unbelievable to me that a product like this that’s ‘made’ for the 200 requires so much...customization.

Well..... The young man who originally designed it was a college student in SLC and did it as a design project for his Tacoma. The fact that we have it for the 200 has something to do with another SLC user/vender needed/wanted it.

You are right though, the side rails could have had a more uniform curve matching the roof line. CBI could change this, but probably wont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom