Prinsu 200 Series Rack INSTALLED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow. Other forums have shown a growing frustration with delivery and support. I'm sure that Zach the founder of Prinsu may not have been prepared for the demand of the product.

Lets hope for and wish the new owners success! :cheers:

Still waiting for parts I ordered in April...... suppsoed to be shipped today per Zach but hopeful that CBI will improve upon the CS side of the experience.... however the product really is well thought out and rugged.

E

I posted elseware but ordered June 14 and arrived yesterday.

hey Cody, just out of curiosity, where did it ship from? wondering if CBI is making parts now.
speeding up the process....

hey Cody, just out of curiosity, where did it ship from? wondering if CBI is making parts now.
speeding up the process....
No I dealt with Zach the whole time. I asked about the sale and he said any issues or warranty to go to him direct. Probably got the last 200 rack from him direct.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Squeakin' again..... the rack took 12 weeks so I kinda knew but it was worth the wait.

I just get spoiled working with solid vendors like Slee and Just Diff's and Beno.....if nothing else communication goes a long ways.

E

These little beauties from US Cargo Control arrived today, thanks to @619TOY for the great idea.
WP_20170630_13_44_14_Pro.jpg

Installed on the side rails, using the bolts for the cross-bars, to put the rings on the outside of the rack.
WP_20170630_13_54_58_Pro.jpg

I did confirm with USCC that the rings would hold a load from multiple angles. The idea was to be able to utilize the full floor of the rack for large loads, i.e. drywall etc. The Prinsu rack for the 200 measures 48.5" wide, and the supplied rings use up some of that.
WP_20170630_13_58_06_Pro.jpg

A foxwing type awning is a little tricky due to the spoiler clearance when the hatch is up. We had a foxwing on our stock rack and it barely cleared. Here are our bomber brackets for our ARB 2500. We have a Shadow-Awn sitting in the garage because there's no easy way to mount it to the Prinsu and clear the spoiler...

IMG_6222.JPG
IMG_6221.JPG

Last edited:
These little beauties from US Cargo Control arrived today, thanks to @619TOY for the great idea.
View attachment 1488151

Installed on the side rails, using the bolts for the cross-bars, to put the rings on the outside of the rack.
View attachment 1488152

I did confirm with USCC that the rings would hold a load from multiple angles. The idea was to be able to utilize the full floor of the rack for large loads, i.e. drywall etc. The Prinsu rack for the 200 measures 48.5" wide, and the supplied rings use up some of that.
View attachment 1488161
I like this idea ALOT @Yossarian! Did you order this kit by chance?
Motorcycle Anchor Points - Tie Down Anchors w/ L-track Fittings
Or did you order individual parts....
Thanks!

I like this idea ALOT @Yossarian! Did you order this kit by chance?
Motorcycle Anchor Points - Tie Down Anchors w/ L-track Fittings
Or did you order individual parts....
Thanks!

Personally, I'd recommend choosing the quantity of tie down brackets and rings that you want, not what the kit dictates. Plus, I don't think the rounds look quite as good. FWIW I mounted two on every crossbar (one driver and one passenger) and an equal amount of rings. I've never needed close to that many, but I like the versatility they provide. You could probably get by with less:D

Personally, I'd recommend choosing the quantity of tie down brackets and rings that you want, not what the kit dictates. Plus, I don't think the rounds look quite as good. FWIW I mounted two on every crossbar (one driver and one passenger) and an equal amount of rings. I've never needed close to that many, but I like the versatility they provide. You could probably get by with less:D
Every crossbar was EXACTLY what I had in mind:D I like options as well. Thanks for the input @619TOY , much appreciated!

What @619TOY said is true, but another issue is the hardware needed. The kit's hardware is not for the 80/20 cross bars, that needs to be sourced separately.
Ah, because the hole spacing isn’t the same as the channels on the 80/20.....
So where did you source them if I may ask....and thanks in advance!:cheers:

Ah, because the hole spacing isn’t the same as the channels on the 80/20.....
So where did you source them if I may ask....and thanks in advance!:cheers:

Hole spacing is actually on, but the "nut" portion needs to fit in the 80/20 channel. 80/20 sells all of this, and @619TOY also many threads ago linked to where he got some hardware. I ordered a few of several styles of t-channel nuts to see what worked best.

This rack is all about tinkering.

1020-s_dimensional_drawing_1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom