Pretty small oil filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

curtislow

Third fj40
Threads
I just received my order of 5 90915-yzzd3 Toyota filters. They seem awfully small.Should I bother using these or return them? No where near the size of the last wix filter I used,but I read something a while back about a problem with wix filters.
Is there a toyota filter out there that is larger for the 2f?

The B2 is what I use.

IMG_1291.jpg

Would like to share this one.

I just received my order of 5 90915-yzzd3 Toyota filters. They seem awfully small.

Oil filters for girls. ;)

Should I bother using these or return them? No where near the size of the last wix filter I used,but I read something a while back about a problem with wix filters.
Is there a toyota filter out there that is larger for the 2f?

Like the others said.

It is an oil filter; not the space shuttle.
After maintaining my families cars for the last 40 years with basic things I find myself more worried about babying this 40 for some reason. I have to agree it ain't rocket science ,but when I read about wix filters causing blown engines I become worried about losing my 5000 dollar investment in my 2f engine rebuild.
Call me crazy.

I must admit last week I ran the midget YZZD3 that I also run in my Tundra because I was lazy and it was there....But I like the ones Rick @GA Architect runs....

After maintaining my families cars for the last 40 years with basic things I find myself more worried about babying this 40 for some reason. I have to agree it ain't rocket science ,but when I read about wix filters causing blown engines I become worried about losing my 5000 dollar investment in my 2f engine rebuild.
Call me crazy.

It is an oil filter; not the space shuttle.
Sorry that was not meant to be disrespectful.I read things faithfully on mud to try and learn things to do them better now than when I had no time and just slapped a fram from Walmart on my old F and 2f.
My first brand new 1976 fj40 had to have a rebuild at 14000 miles and 13 months. Toyota still covered the rebuild even though it was out of warranty. But I never used Quaker state oil again in my life. I have no idea if it was that oil brand but experiences are still helpful

But my Tundra just went over 400K miles with those filters, SO I sure do know they work FWIW. Original motor and drivetrain.
ED8BC007-11C4-4673-945E-5C474092E574.jpeg

I have also been adding ZDDP Plus to my Mobil 1 15W50 to make aure zinc levels are up there. As a synthetic this oil is quite high in zinc

I've been using rotella 15/40 with zddp and a wix filter until now.
Just ordered baldwin filters after reading some disparaging comments on the wix filters. Just trying to do my best with the basics. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom