Oil Filter FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have checked the threads and found some recs but inquiring what oil filters folks are using these days. Need to change the oil on my 75 FJ40. Specifically, has anyone had any experience good or bad with this Denso filter available thru Cruiser Corps? Other recommendations?
upload_2019-1-15_17-30-33.jpeg

it's a filter, made by/for toyota, doesn't leak and fits the 2f.
i get them off amazon 20couple bucks and free shipping for 5 or 6 of them.

There’s a larger OEM filter (don’t recall part #) but it’s either very hard to find or discontinued altogether....
So I’ve used the one you listed with no issues - it also fit my Tacoma!

Wix has been touted as a top of the line general use filter. Stay away from Fram. As Imyahucklbrry mentioned, the larger filters will be less likely to clog and bypass.

There’s a larger OEM filter (don’t recall part #) but it’s either very hard to find or discontinued altogether....
So I’ve used the one you listed with no issues - it also fit my Tacoma!

Large OEM Toyota filter: 15600-41010 (hard to find)
Denso: 150-2066
Baldwin: B2
Wix: 51515
Donaldson: P550008

Just to name a few of the big can filters.

Last edited:
I have switched to using the wix ... nice and big ... like the toyota filters used to be

Toyota is not like your buying a Japanese filter from the homeland ... it’s made in Thailand :meh:

Search on the 80 section for all the issues people have had with Wix as of late. Several blown motors after full loss of oil pressure. Something about the drain back valve disentigrating and clogging the filter. I'd just stick with whatever filter Toyota will sell you at the counter.

Large OEM Toyota filter: 15600-41010 (hard to find)
Desno: 150-2066
Baldwin: B2
Wix: 51515
Donaldson: P550008

Just to name a few of the big can filters.

Be my guess that those there hard to find Toyota large filters are in plentiful supply on a shelf in your nice new garage! ;)
*Probably why the rest of us can’t find any?

Search on the 80 section for all the issues people have had with Wix as of late. Several blown motors after full loss of oil pressure. Something about the drain back valve disentigrating and clogging the filter. I'd just stick with whatever filter Toyota will sell you at the counter.

Thanks for the update on wix ... I had one in a shopping cart... looks like I’ll pull the denso instead !!!

Not taking one for toyota ... parts guys here suck... they are no @beno ... last time guy told me the 2” tall filter is the same as what I had before... ya

Thanks

I use the B2's too

Be my guess that those there hard to find Toyota large filters are in plentiful supply on a shelf in your nice new garage! ;)
*Probably why the rest of us can’t find any?

:smokin:

IMG_4282.jpg

Lol,
I think that baldwin B2 will fit almost every Ford and Chrysler engine made from 1962 to 1983....
they are also fits on Allis Chambers tractors,Caterpillars Kenworth,Mack,Peterbilts, Western Stars, Volvos as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom