Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got home from hanging in WV for the weekend and my son has his driver door apart. Looks like the driver window regulator is bad in his 60. Anyone have one to sell him??

IMG_6452.jpg

Got home from hanging in WV for the weekend and my son has his driver door apart. Looks like the driver window regulator is bad in his 60. Anyone have one to sell him??

IMG_6452.jpg
Paging @Jakes40

Yes I do have one of those. I'll try and get out to the farm and get it out. What's it worth to you?

Do any of you have an electronic file/picture of the Capital Land Cruiser Club logo? My wife has a new vinyl printing machine and she will be willing to fabricate some stickers for us. She just need something for a model.

Do any of you have an electronic file/picture of the Capital Land Cruiser Club logo? My wife has a new vinyl printing machine and she will be willing to fabricate some stickers for us. She just need something for a model.
I'll send you one

IMG_2409.JPG

Got back to the mini truck project. Got the bed laid out now have to burn the braces to the bed floor.

My wife is out of town, so I took the day off to get some maintenance done. She works from home, so I'd just annoy her all day if she wasn't on travel.

I got the new axle in on the passenger side of the 3rd Gen 4Runner. Here's the shiny new one:

IMG_0626.JPG

And here's the culprit. At some point, I'll reboot it and keep it as a spare.

IMG_0627.JPG

This gave me the opportunity to finally use a few of the enormous cache of tools that my father-in-law gifted to me a few months ago. I know this isn't a big deal for most, but I've never had a fancy plastic hammer before, just a rubber mallet. Once I quit being timid, this made quick work getting the new axle into the diff.

IMG_0628.JPG

Some time this weekend, I'll get the BudBuilt skid back on. I just ran out of time.

IMG_0629.JPG

Last edited:
I do have one questions. This piece came on the outer spindle of my new axle, it was sitting under the hub nut. There was not a corresponding piece on the axle I took out, just the hub not, lock washer and cotter pin.

Like the old hub nut, the new one has a flange that acts as a built-in washer. I reused the lock washer.

Any issue here? I can't think why this extra washer would be necessary.

IMG_0630.JPG

Last edited:
Also on the punch list today: new battery in the 80, drain/flush power steering fluid in the 80 and getting 3 inspections done on 2 trucks at 2 different shops. Please note that if you take a truck like my 80 to the kinda place that would pass you on the safety inspection no problem, don't be surprised when their emissions machine went down that morning.

Last edited:
I was driving my wife's 2013 Sienna home from Blacksburg this week and decided to take 211 up and over the mountain instead of 81 the whole way. Coming down the mountain braking, the front end would shake pretty violently. The van only has 50k miles and when I checked just now the pads had plenty of material left and the rotors don't look bad. I would think this is indicative of warped rotors but I don't have a dial gauge to verify. Is there anything else that could cause this? I'm guessing finding someone to resurface the rotors will be a pain not to mention costly compared to just getting new rotors and pads. What do you guys think? Anything else I should check?

It's probably warped rotors. I just had a set come through that passed a dial gauge for run out but had worn to different thicknesses across the face. Made for a pretty good shake on the brakes. I usually just replace the rotors most of the newer ones don't have a lot of room for cutting. Toyota's rotors are pretty competitively priced to the aftermarket nowadays.

Didn't do anything to the Cruiser, but this showed up today. Plan to recast it to make it a soft top.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom