Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered another knuckle to get me throw while I get the parts around to go to large pattern knuckles.

LIFE • HEALTH • PROSPERITY

Got the truck in the garage to address the current header issue- really loud probably due to the cracking...

Took pictures despite the fact there are only 4 vacuum lines to mess up.
Pulled intake, carb, and header..

Have some messed up linkage on the carb- perhaps due to a bad engine mount (hit speed bump and linkage bent- correlation isn't causation but it's a start). Hoping to straighten rather than replace but we will see
Of course I decided my airbox looked horrible and went to work with a wire brush and ospho- now need to finish the bottom and paint.
Going to order some new engine mounts and then piece the exhaust back together.

Keep you guys posted and hopefully I'll drag my happy ass out to a meeting soon enough.

Looking good, Nick!

Been working on the 55. Finally got around to making a new bracket for the driver side front shock. I had to remove the original mount when doing the Scout ps install. Made this bracket removeable to make R/R of the steering box possible if necessary.
Also finished up the new rear bumper. Found a puiece of 3/8" wall (heavy!!!) 2 x 6 rectangular tubing at work, angled and filled the ends. Milled some steel brackets that bolt to the frame and extend through slots I milled in the bumper. Mounted everything up, welded the bumper to the brackets, and had my friend Phil paint it. Came out pretty damn good. In addition to the mounting brackets there are four bolts that hold the center part of the bumper to the rear frame crossmember. Gary S

Nicely Done!

Sorry. Premature send. A few weeks ago finally got the back of the Jackson cage welded on to convert to a family cage. Also fab'd a harness bar for the kids that is removable. I though it was a pretty cool idea.

image-3254684227.jpg

image-3611607008.jpg

image-276733027.jpg

image-478812743.jpg

Hey Gary i like your sticker selection on rear left window.

Still gathering parts for my 2FE build. I bought a 2FE plate that replaces the EFI plate on the intake plenum...it was THE critical piece that will tie it all together. :eek:
I did get the head back from the machine shop and got it and the intake manifold painted this weekend.

Last edited:
Gary has inspired me to start my rear bumper. I had pics but I deleted them when I re-imaged my phone.

To be started on a decent Sunday this March:

Camry axle shaft swap, diff drain/fill, auto transmission pan drop with filter change and fill with new red stuff. If that doesn't fix the slipping tranny then I'll learn all about a do-it-yourself transmission rebuild. Then fix the hole in the exhaust BEFORE the muffler.

4runner fuel line replacement at the top of the tank. Looks like ill be making my own lines from scratch. Then grind and paint frame and new exhaust back from the cat. Then comes a soft top and custom interior storage quarter panels. The plastic rattling is driving me nuts. Maybe install the winch.

Cruiser electrical run through and cleaning contacts so parking lights and signals work properly for inspection... then removing the top once the temp stabilizes above 50degrees. Then maybe some bodywork with the welder.

The 80 is throwing a code 71 (EGR). I imagine I will be ordering a VSV and EGR modulator.

I think that I will finally be on the hunt for a 3F-E. The 62 failed emissions horribly, and I would guess that the enormous amount of coolant being pumped into the crankcase has something to do with it. So if anyone has any leads, drop me a line.

Will probably be putting a roll bar in the Miata this spring.

Hey Bart hit me up if your interested in the lower half of the 3FE that Jorge left in the parts 62 I have

...via IH8MUD app

I have a 3F-E block in the truck at the bottom of my driveway. You can take it and the trans/case and whatever for $100. The block has 148k on it. The head showed no signs of overheating or coolant intrusion as per my discussion with the machinist who did the valve job on the head.
We just need a cherry picker to get it out.

...via IH8MUD app

Hey Bart hit me up if your interested in the lower half of the 3FE that Jorge left in the parts 62 I have

...via IH8MUD app

I have a 3F-E block in the truck at the bottom of my driveway. You can take it and the trans/case and whatever for $100. The block has 148k on it. The head showed no signs of overheating or coolant intrusion as per my discussion with the machinist who did the valve job on the head.
We just need a cherry picker to get it out.

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks guys. Burl, I think I want a complete engine because I'm a tad leary of the head on mine. Shouldn't be -- I had all the work done it. But having never figured out what is causing the coolant leak makes we want to start afresh.

Stump, I might have to take you up on your offer. How many miles on the engine? Was it running before?

Got some minivan seats for the rear. making tracks for the tumble, fold, and removal. I think they will work good

image-1795290752.jpg

image-1880304563.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom