Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The springs in the Sonoran Steel lift are OEM Tundra springs.

I just had pretty significant death wobble leaving a meeting in Crystal City. Started on strong at ~45mph, wouldn't let off until I was practically stopped. I ended up driving 29 all the way home doing 35 instead of taking 66/495. :bang: I replaced all my rod ends 2 years ago with 555 units and did a full axle service when I got the truck ~30k miles ago. What's my order of operations on things to check to find the culprit?

Check all bolts related to the front axle and steering. Could be a worn out TRE or ball joints.(dumb ass no balljoints on an 80)

Last edited:
I think I'm going to hook up the goPro and see if I can narrow down which side it's happening to.

I think I'm going to hook up the goPro and see if I can narrow down which side it's happening to.
Jack up the front end and start shacking things.

Inherited a 2000 4Runner, 95K miles with an OEM locking rear diff. What should I do with/to it???? Thinking about enhancing its over-land and off-road (nothing as extreme as Matt's 4Runner) capabilities while still keeping it street legal, highway capable and garage parkable. Budget (approved by the better half - so far) for enhancements and related toys is $2,000 +/- (potential increases if I behave) including tires. Yes, the running boards will be the first thing to go. Suggestions appreciated.
Ed

View attachment 1468835

Toyota Land Cruiser - 100 series UZJ100 rear coil springs

Got the go pro all mounted up, took a test drive and of course it won't do it now. Oh well.

My 84 month Toyota TruStart battery lasted only 68 so replaced it with an Interstate from Costco. You can't beat $84 for a 42 month full replacement warranty.

Replaced the rear hard brake line I busted up at Coal Mine the year before last, for a oem piece. Just in time to bust it up again.

I got my CB working again!!:bounce: :eek: :poop: :flush:
Nothing like a day late and a dollar short!

I also got my parking/break light rewired.

Thank you! I have a watt meter also. I just don't know if I want to invest that much time into a CB??

Thanks to the water I found in the oil when I changed it a couple of weeks ago, I'm now going through the 40's cylinder head.

Question: I picked up a top end kit from Cruiser Outfitters and was installing the valve stem oil seals. Tapped them on with a socket, no problem. They seem to fit OK but they are not holding on to the valve stem very well. It's not a press fit, you can pull them off with your fingers. That can't be good,,,right??

I've had both 2 difrent ford engines. One slid into a grove and one just slid down on.

It's been a long time since I did the valve stem seals on my 40 but I do remember I was surprised that they weren't retained in any way. They appear to just ride up and down with the valve stem.

Question: I picked up a top end kit from Cruiser Outfitters and was installing the valve stem oil seals. Tapped them on with a socket, no problem. They seem to fit OK but they are not holding on to the valve stem very well. It's not a press fit, you can pull them off with your fingers. That can't be good,,,right??

I don't know anything about fitting stem seals, but I found this: Proper installation of Valve Seals
Can you post a picture of the seals you have?
It dawned on me that maybe your seals are meant to fit over the spring shim shown in the thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom