Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Uh oh... accidentally stumbled into this craigslist posting for a 2008 LC. Price is right and it's got those sexy OEM non-tinted windows. Might go take a look and see if it's rusty...

Don't you already have a dedicated thread to clog up instead? :flipoff2:

Don't you already have a dedicated thread to clog up instead? :flipoff2:
That’s what I was thinking. But last time I posted there I said I would wait a year to start looking at trucks again so I didn’t want to look like a dumb bastard. Oh wait… lol

One week removed from freezing temps, now there's supposed to be 90s in a cpl of days.
Time to get the Nokians off and the soccer mom Bridgestones on.
20220518_100143.jpg

Swapped out for some nice seats

PXL_20220522_233536064.jpg

Installed new Odyssey PC 1500 34/78 battery, as the OG red top I bought in 2002 finally died. I had to modify the stock battery top clamp to fit the narrower Odyssey top.

I also had to do that to the Odyssey I bought last year for the '04 Taco to replace the 14 year old Sears DieHard Platinum (Odyssey).

How hard is it to put in an add a leaf?

Pretty sure I want to go to from medium to heavies (or sometimes people call them heavy > extra heavy).

I have less than one year old matched medium rear springs (cs004rb) and have the lean. Plus after adding rear drawers it’s settled a bit more than I like/thought it would.

Rear rotors and pads… and getting the kid to torque down the lug nuts.

F09E0F32-59D9-492C-958F-641EEE6B76DB.jpeg

463FB6A6-DD3B-47C4-88DD-B0EA13AFD1F2.jpeg

18E749AC-85BA-474D-8132-C6072038E0A2.jpeg

DEF02798-3C27-48F8-B2FB-F560E45D6F61.jpeg

Replaced all front door glass felts: both lowers, outside cross felt by one's elbow, and the upper felt around window. Removed old vapor barrier, cleaned old butyl off (what a mess, used mineral spirits), cleaned out inside door bottoms (tons of wet goop), made and replaced vapor barrier with 6mm plastic sheeting I cut to size with new strips of butyl. Finally mounted the serengetti door panels I got from Karl of the polish brothers using 8mm scrivets. If you look closely, one is shown laying on the door where your elbow goes. I couldn't get the mounting screws/plastic inserts that came with the panel to work.

DoorPanel.jpeg

I’ve been trying to have this piece of metal uninstalled from my eye. This is your reminder to wear safety glasses. The ER got some of it out and I’ll get the rest of it dremeled out on Monday.
View attachment 3037459
Been there done that. Had a sliver tweezed out, but rust developed and I got the Opthomologist’s teeny burr tool treatment to remove it. All because I wasn’t wearing a face shield. I had on safety goggles over my own specs, but it was not enough. Ordered an Uvex shield the next day.

Well I had a big big amount of help from a fellow GX470 owner in Richmond the weekend before last... planning a little job and when we removed the rear bumper... just a bit of Rust!
So before we could start our planned project we cut out the cancer and prepped and welded some new metal in to have a solid frame to work off of.... sadly didn't get the real project done but now its ready to move forward with the plans. I really hope to have it done for Fall Crawl

Rust on the Drivers side rear... passenger side was in good shape...

PXL_20220612_125530311.jpg

cleaned up the rear end and coated it all up to help keep everything at bay... a bit at least.

PXL_20220612_131907670.jpg

welded on some plate to the bad section...

PXL_20220612_145019677.jpg

coated that...

PXL_20220612_193111320.jpg

then add some needed structure for what is to come....
PXL_20220612_195000544.jpg

@Svensk120 So I assume this means you finally got a matching spare???
not quite yet..... will need some more time to finish up the fab work till that can happen. The rust took us by surprise and had to be taken care of before we can move forward.

Question for all you 100 LC series guys....

We have a friend with a 100 series who is having issues with his alarm randomly going off. Our local dealer has worked on it, said they fixed it but then the problem came back. Apparently he's not happy with the dealer and is hesitant to take it back.

Does anyone know if there are any common issues with the alarm system, maybe one of the sensors?

I'll do some research when I get a chance but thought I would start here.

Thx!

Question for all you 100 LC series guys....

We have a friend with a 100 series who is having issues with his alarm randomly going off. Our local dealer has worked on it, said they fixed it but then the problem came back. Apparently he's not happy with the dealer and is hesitant to take it back.

Does anyone know if there are any common issues with the alarm system, maybe one of the sensors?

I'll do some research when I get a chance but thought I would start here.

Thx!
@fireball might have some knowledge here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom