Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little scrub a dub post Fall Crawl cleaning.
image.jpg

Didn't make it to cars and coffee today but at least I'm making progress on cleaning the 200.
Dropped all the skids to properly clean the frame so I can fluid film before winter sets in. Finally put out my canopy to dry as well..

Since the skids are out greased the driveshafts as well.

20201031_130150.jpg

20201031_130144.jpg

20201031_130156.jpg

20201031_152553.jpg

What am I doing wrong with greasing the zerks on DS and UCAs? Its always a fight to pull off the fitting..

While I got a bunch of parts out of the interior decided to take’em down to bare metal, prime, and paint. Turned an oblong hole in the clutch pedal round again with the Millermatic 211 and drill press.

A6A14B07-BF03-49AD-BCC9-CD6C011A718A.jpeg

0C42DACE-F3ED-476B-B82D-A5539D8EDCFA.jpeg

665C7FFD-4627-4C96-86A0-B50A6AE7E5BA.jpeg

What am I doing wrong with greasing the zerks on DS and UCAs? Its always a fight to pull off the fitting..
The end on your grease gun needs adjusted some.

what Burl said!!
Twist the tip /loosen the jaws
Or get one of these
9DAEEBB8-2E8C-457B-8AED-FC4A01EA05C9.png

I agree with @Jakes40 . I have the Lock n Lube setup on a Lincoln 1162 Pneumatic Grease Gun. Greased all of my driveshaft, suspension & steering components. The Lock n lube pneumatic grease gun was about $20-30 more but it comes with the locking zerk coupler.

what Burl said!!
Twist the tip /loosen the jaws
Or get one of these

Well, I just purchases a 97 FZJ80 collectors edition triple locked from a customer...
Is this for the 45 body on an 80 chassis you were talking about?

Is this for the 45 body on an 80 chassis you were talking about?
I do not know yet.... It is too nice to change out. I plan to baseline it and get some things working. After that we will see!

Decided to help a trucker out and pull him to a safe spot.. broke down in the middle of Linton Hall and pulled him maybe 1/4mile to a pull off.
4lo 1st gear and kept the RPMs at 1400, might not have been the smartest thing but I was impressed.
20201101_235715.jpg

The LocknLube is a great tool, but it won't fit into the cardan ujoints, at least not on my Taco. I had to use an extender, where one end is a zerk, the other a standard grease fitting.

Decided to help a trucker out and pull him to a safe spot.. broke down in the middle of Linton Hall and pulled him maybe 1/4mile to a pull off.
4lo 1st gear and kept the RPMs at 1400, might not have been the smartest thing but I was impressed.
man I wish I had known, we live right off of LH, couldve brought my kid out to see it lol

man I wish I had known, we live right off of LH, couldve brought my kid out to see it lol
Hahah! It was late. I saw him at 1130 last night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom