Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since he was in a building mood. I picked up a northern tool welding table. He built it 100%. I just had to flip it over. Not bad for a guy that turned 9 last week.

37F45129-1ACE-4C09-90A4-FAFC49C85AA0.jpeg

7E636804-B053-43EF-8348-F68F55D41F7F.jpeg

6E394E9D-BC26-4C33-9AD8-92A245C27CE5.jpeg

35709658-BD61-44E5-9566-940239A2CB81.jpeg

052965F3-EED8-414F-BBDD-BBF22087D029.jpeg

Great job. I'm gonna challenge my daughters to build theirs. What are your thoughts on that welding table?
It appears to be pretty good. It’s worth the $180. I haven’t used it yet and hopefully after this week I will be able to. It’s better than the table I have now. Saw horses with plywood and a layer of sheet metal on it lol.

Since he was in a building mood. I picked up a northern tool welding table. He built it 100%. I just had to flip it over. Not bad for a guy that turned 9 last week.

View attachment 2421059

View attachment 2421060

View attachment 2421061

View attachment 2421063

View attachment 2421064
I used to build those "Erector Set" style shelves for my dad at his age. I fueled my want to create and build, not to mention improving reading, process and hand-eye and dexterity skills. Nothing beats the sense of accomplishment and immediate satisfaction of being able to use something you built.

I used to build those "Erector Set" style shelves for my dad at his age. I fueled my want to create and build, not to mention improving reading, process and hand-eye and dexterity skills. Nothing beats the sense of accomplishment and immediate satisfaction of being able to use something you built.
I’m working from home this week before my procedure on Friday and I’m using the desk already and he is super excited about it.

071DF2FE-2F8C-45C4-91DF-A4F7564EFA04.jpeg

What are your thoughts on that welding table?

it’s a nice table.It’s not the best but not the worst table I’ve used. For what we are doing with it it works great for me so far. The tools that it comes with are not great tools but better than nothing.

Finally made it to 30,000 miles and the first oil change interval of my ownership. One of the "services" Lindsey Dodge in Manassas provides to all used cars on their lot is a fresh oil change. Since the truck had just over 20,000 miles when I bought it and knowing, based on Toyota's owner website, that the Colorado Springs Toyota dealer had just changed the oil, I was hoping the wrench monkeys at Lindsey hadn't blessed me with that free service. I was wrong. Here's the filter that came out next to the Toyota filter that went back in. Also, shocking to no one there filter cover was screwed on stupid tight. Had to use my 1/2 impact to loosen it. Replaced the plastic cover with an OEM metal housing. Along with Kirkland 0W20 full synthetic, good to go for another 10k miles!

Edit: Oops, this on my Tacoma.

IMG_20200905_105456036_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the coolant temperature sensor a few weekends ago and today I did the fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure damper. All Toyota or Denso in a Toyota box.

The coolant temp sensor made a huuuuge difference in drivability and fuel consumption. The truck had been feeling sluggish (even for a fj62) and mpg was way worse (again,even for a 62 😂) . I didn’t think this would have much of an impact because I wasn’t getting a CEL and I was actually chasing a slow start when cold. Noticeably more power and the gas gauge needle moves like an hour hand rather than a minute hand.

Fuel pressure regulator had a similar impact and the engine is noticeably smoother at all RPMs and better power on the top end. Damper didn’t seem to do much but couldn’t ask for much more.

we’ll see if this cures the issue I was actually chasing— a slow start when cold which is really bad when it’s 90 degrees plus. Since both starts were after disconnecting the fuel lines I assume the slowness was the system re-priming so I couldn’t tell if the FPR and damper helped. The coolant temp sensor didn’t solve it. I’ve replace battery/starter cables and cleaned/tested the cold start injector as well.

the FPR is right above the exhaust manifold so it was comforting to have my new Element fire extinguisher in the truck in case it leaked after a few miles of road testing. Thanks again to @emorth and @StaleAle for coordinating the group buy.

I splurged on a grypmat since they had a good Labor Day sale. Figured it’d be gimmicky but I’m sold...damnit, another thing to buy.

shameless plug: use the link below for 15% off and I get a small kickback for future purchases.

C134C676-8A59-4A7D-81EB-E8A3089864C5.jpeg
0C6929D7-3160-46B4-8066-BA512704A30B.jpeg
DE22C9F8-880D-4584-8BD4-B57B27AB8F18.jpeg

Last edited:
In my friend's shop for 4.88 gears and 4x4Labs bumper kit. Has anyone built the kit recently and have pics to share of some of the assembly, specifically close ups of the jerry can holder if possible?

IMG_4850.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG

IMG_4883.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

Replaced the coolant temperature sensor a few weekends ago and today I did the fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure damper. All Toyota or Denso in a Toyota box.

The coolant temp sensor made a huuuuge difference in drivability and fuel consumption. The truck had been feeling sluggish (even for a fj62) and mpg was way worse (again,even for a 62 😂) . I didn’t think this would have much of an impact because I wasn’t getting a CEL and I was actually chasing a slow start when cold. Noticeably more power and the gas gauge needle moves like an hour hand rather than a minute hand.

Fuel pressure regulator had a similar impact and the engine is noticeably smoother at all RPMs and better power on the top end. Damper didn’t seem to do much but couldn’t ask for much more.

we’ll see if this cures the issue I was actually chasing— a slow start when cold which is really bad when it’s 90 degrees plus. Since both starts were after disconnecting the fuel lines I assume the slowness was the system re-priming so I couldn’t tell if the FPR and damper helped. The coolant temp sensor didn’t solve it. I’ve replace battery/starter cables and cleaned/tested the cold start injector as well.

the FPR is right above the exhaust manifold so it was comforting to have my new Element fire extinguisher in the truck in case it leaked after a few miles of road testing. Thanks again to @emorth and @StaleAle for coordinating the group buy.

I splurged on a grypmat since they had a good Labor Day sale. Figured it’d be gimmicky but I’m sold...damnit, another thing to buy.

shameless plug: use the link below for 15% off and I get a small kickback for future purchases.

View attachment 2436876View attachment 2436877View attachment 2436878
The wife bought me a Grypmat 3 pack for father's day last year. I like them.

I clayed, polished, sealed and then waxed the 60s roof today. It was getting pretty nasty up there. Figure I’ll work my way from top to bottom in steps. One day I’ll pay someone to properly detail it and work on her pinstripes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom