Por15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It all boils down to preference and preparation!! From my experience and I hate painting, stuff we used on DOD work was fantastic, yellow zinc primer and polyurethane paints, they resit gasoline ,oil,diesel, battery acid and other chemicals!! I also used this other sealant, we knicknamed Grey goop that was used around various openings (smelled like rotten eggs) resisted all the above when dry and was still flexible 😉! 2 part sealant! Went together like Peas n 🥕s! Thats all I got to say about that 🤔😉🤪

It all boils down to preference and preparation!! From my experience and I hate painting, stuff we used on DOD work was fantastic, yellow zinc primer and polyurethane paints, they resit gasoline ,oil,diesel, battery acid and other chemicals!! I also used this other sealant, we knicknamed Grey goop that was used around various openings (smelled like rotten eggs) resisted all the above when dry and was still flexible 😉! 2 part sealant! Went together like Peas n 🥕s! Thats all I got to say about that 🤔😉🤪

There's a reason...

So I went to my local Sherwin-Williams store today to find out if they had any B67 primers or Acrolon on hand. The kid on duty was not very familiar with either of them, didn’t have any in store, and attempted to steer me towards a single part water based product that was more “user friendly”. I’m not extremely excited about water based automotive or industrial paints, especially single part paint.
His main concern was effect on the spray gun, that the paint is designed for an “in shop” application between 70 - 80 degrees F, the pot life, and “sweat-in” time, which all seemed to him to be a drastic inconvenience. And BTW, he’d never heard of Mathys Noxide.
So now not sure if another retailer would be more helpful, or if these products would be better bought online. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Mathys Noxide

Call these guys for everything else.
Sherwin-Williams Commercial Paint Store

2135 e Jones ave

Phoenix, AZ, 85040-1470

(602) 252-7574

Let me rephrase that -
The Sherwin-Williams salesman had never heard of Mathys Noxide.

Mathys Noxide is a Rust-Oleum Industrial product.

Called today and got some info and pricing.
~$130 for a 1gallon kit of the B67 primer.
That sounds like a good price for a quality primer, mine was 1:1 so a one gal kit made two gal's of primer or about 2.5 Gal of product after thinning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom