Builds Poopies Urban Assault FZJ80 build thread and inquiry central (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Squirt is a great option, as long as you know how to work with it. I came to the Landcruiser world from the performance oriented VW and Audi scene, and there are a lot of fast, reliable cars running around even as daily drivers on megasquirt. There are also a few that are complete train wrecks that should have every wire and piece of electronics in the car ripped out.

Either way, I'm interested to see where this goes, lol.

Do the megasquirt systems fail more often then others? From my research it looks like there are more megasquirt systems out there than the other guys. They are definitely cheaper and I've heard a few stories of boards failing. These have all been Diy boards that are soldered at home so there is quite possibly a huge margin of error there. The ms3 pro look much more capable than the haltech 1000 but just under the abilities of the haltech 2000. This Ms3-pro with wiring harness is 1100 shipped. It's waterproof which is pretty cool for an off road trail rig. It looks like it will easily be able to handle the 6 sequential injectors and 6 sequential coil on plugs I want to run.

Ryan, when you did your A343F transgo shift kit did you adjust the PR Sleeve afterwards for greater pressure?

I think what Tools R Us did here:

Mine was set to the middle setting, moved it to the highest position. Adjusting is easy, using a screwdriver in the slot, push in and turn to the desired setting. The retainer pin just slips into the slot in the valve body, so hold it in place when you push the valve in.

Before and after adjustment pictures.
View attachment 386322View attachment 386323

Is 5500 too much for a 210k 97 locked fzj special edition. Mechanically sound cel light is on from bad catalytic converter driver seat has cracks and slight rips. Slight stains in carpet. Front brush guard is bent slightly. It's a one owner with maintenance records for everything clean carfax

No that is a very good price. The carpet can be pulled and cleaned. The brush guard needs to come off anyways. Check the coolant overflow for bubbles when he revs it to 2500-3000rpms. Check the front knuckles as well for any leaks.

OK trying to get it around 5k it's a 4hr drive the guy says it's easily reliable and in good enough condition to make the drive back to Houston. Might head out there and pick it up

Wasnt able to take off work. If the guy still has it this weekend Ill make the 8 hour round trip and snag it up.

210k miles

IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

Jump on that 40th..I really like that colour.
Just piss off that bumper, running boards & rear tail light brush guards .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom