Pig Party - 2018? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i like the TAT idea. It would be cool if the West coast picks a place and the East coast picks a place to meet to make the trip in a group. It would def be a planning challenge given the travel issues some had they would have to travel solo or the group would get delayed. Im gunna hafta bank some vacation hours for this.

Looks like Taos NM is close to the trail. Good hot springs area and local micro brews close by.

We also prefer the expedition/excursion style event, might be fun to try to do the Trans-America Trail from both sides meeting in the middle. It would take some planning to get the west and east coast guys to form packs and plan routes that would allow guys to join in along the way ultimately ending in a central location for a pig party meet up.

The TAT winds nearly 5,000 miles on a connection of dirt, forest service, gravel, and jeep roads from Southeastern Tennessee to Southwestern Oregon. TransAmTrail.com

trans-am_map4.jpg

In 2013 a group of Land Rover LR4’s completed the route so I think its conceivable 55’s could do it.

https://gearpatrol.com/2013/09/03/t...taking-on-the-trans-america-trail-in-the-lr4/

Tried to quote JMack's first paragraph but didn't know how. sorry folks. this could be a great way to circle the wagons. not as care free as some like but could turn into one heluva adventure. it would be a bit tough on tailored rigs

If not this trail something along these lines would get my vote.

My last comment got lost in a repeat of JMacks suggestion. sorry folks.

We also prefer the expedition/excursion style event, might be fun to try to do the Trans-America Trail from both sides meeting in the middle. It would take some planning to get the west and east coast guys to form packs and plan routes that would allow guys to join in along the way ultimately ending in a central location for a pig party meet up.

The TAT winds nearly 5,000 miles on a connection of dirt, forest service, gravel, and jeep roads from Southeastern Tennessee to Southwestern Oregon. TransAmTrail.com

trans-am_map4.jpg

In 2013 a group of Land Rover LR4’s completed the route so I think its conceivable 55’s could do it.

https://gearpatrol.com/2013/09/03/t...taking-on-the-trans-america-trail-in-the-lr4/

If not this trail something along these lines would get my vote.
Being an non Porcus Dominus I don't have a vote but if I was invited back I'd be up for this.

^^^
*#%&ing badass. If we dont do something for Pig Party 2018 i am going to do something for myself.

i haven't even made it to butch's to pick up another frame, so i guarantee my pig won't be ready again :(

i could wheel the tundra this time...i learned the 4wd worked last weekend

The tundra is very good off road. Just the ride height is a little low. We have "detached" a few skid plates at work.

I told Bob I'd give him a hand at PP2018 if we do it up in the NE. Just got to make sure I'm not on the ship when we plan it or I won't be of much use.

pig party cruise? Glenns got the boat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom