Pig Party - 2018? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many miles did you cover bobm

For the 2017 pig PerthPerth

Party

IMG_0671.JPG
Really enjoyed Co (wink wink)
The 4200 miles logged were well worth it.

In my best Schwarzenegger voice

"I'll be back for PP18"

IMG_0684.JPG

^ to his point, colorado is one state over from kansas. No offense to kansas, but id log the extra miles (for me) to enjoy what colorado has to offer by comparison (and im not talking about the stuff that is legal there).

That being said, this looks like a fantastic event (and im usually not big on events) so im going to try and make it a point to come wherever the organizers decide to do it.

Deo makes a strong argument. We just scratched the surface on places to go in Colorado.

...Unless we want to "Follow the yellow brick road." Google 4-wheeling in Kansas. Pretty dismal unless you want to go to a couple of OHV parks and be surrounded by ATVs and UTVs.

To answer Mark's other question, I'd prefer an expedition style event to a campground and out and back trails.

I've done black hills. It's a great area but not wagon friendly.

Come on back Nolan, we are doing our first 40 only run this coming fri at the BHCC. We could arrange a pig only run next year! We have a whole year to plan some wagon friendly runs!

I forget what year the censes was, but they put Desoto, Mo. as the center of population. It's a small town close to me, at least it's out of Kansas. :)

Traveling excursion vs. base camp and daily excursions???
I'd prefer an expedition style event to a campground and out and back trails.

We also prefer the expedition/excursion style event, might be fun to try to do the Trans-America Trail from both sides meeting in the middle. It would take some planning to get the west and east coast guys to form packs and plan routes that would allow guys to join in along the way ultimately ending in a central location for a pig party meet up.

The TAT winds nearly 5,000 miles on a connection of dirt, forest service, gravel, and jeep roads from Southeastern Tennessee to Southwestern Oregon. TransAmTrail.com

trans-am_map4.jpg

In 2013 a group of Land Rover LR4’s completed the route so I think its conceivable 55’s could do it.

https://gearpatrol.com/2013/09/03/t...taking-on-the-trans-america-trail-in-the-lr4/

If not this trail something along these lines would get my vote.

No banjos or canoes allowed. If we banned goofy looking folks, I'm afraid I'd be voted off the island with my new beard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom