Pig Compatible: FJ62 Brake Master Cylinder and Booster ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DoubleNickels

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a line on a used brake booster and master cylinder from an FJ62. Thinking this would be a nice compliment to the recent front disc conversion (mini-truck) on my 1974 Piggy (2F motor, stock).

Is there anything I'm over-looking? Will this be a bolt-in upgrade, or will I need a spacer or adapter plate? Thanks guys!

-Calvin

Or... If someone can chime in on FJ60 compatibility, I can ask some parts experts like @beno about FJ60 vs FJ62 differences.

might have some interferance with carb linkage and or manifold. a 4runner is a bit smaller and barely fits...I'll take a look later at my runner set up and snap a pic or two for ya...

might have some interferance with carb linkage and or manifold. a 4runner is a bit smaller and barely fits...I'll take a look later at my runner set up and snap a pic or two for ya...

Nice, thanks. Was your 4runner just bolt-in, i.e. no goofy adapter plates?

yeah bolt on- I got held up at work and din't get pics last night, I'll try again tonight. NO ADAPTER PLATES. I got a used booster and a rebuilt napa brand 4runner master. took some replumbing and of course the bench bleed of the master and fiel bleed of the front and rear brakes, but it is all toyota and works great. the booster goes on upside down and you'll need to get the inline check valve for it from the donor truck. you'll also need to verify the booster to master push rod clearance...all easy, normal swap type of stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom