Patina Appreciation: Show Us Your Rusty Land Cruiser! (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_4612.jpeg

This thing looks like it is in excellent shape. Is there any rust?
There is certainly some in the lower rear of the tub in the usual places, but if I recall correctly (it's been a few years since I last saw it in person), the all-important weld seams under the back doors are original and not bad. It spent its whole life to date in CA and AZ (the last 25 or so in a dry pole barn in AZ). You can see what I mean in these additional photos:
FJ40 Right Side.jpg

FJ40 Right Rear Lower.jpg

There is certainly some in the lower rear of the tub in the usual places, but if I recall correctly (it's been a few years since I last saw it in person), the all-important weld seams under the back doors are original and not bad. It spent its whole life to date in CA and AZ (the last 25 or so in a dry pole barn in AZ). You can see what I mean in these additional photos:
View attachment 3575843
View attachment 3575846
Wow. Thanks for sharing. Our ‘78 started rusting through in the usual places in the mid 80’s.

View attachment 3575843
View attachment 3575846
Well if your anywhere near Tucson stop buy on the way out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom