passenger side floor leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I had the AC on as its stupid humid here, AND its raining like when noah closed the door on the big boat. inside engine bay dry, firewall grommet is good and the rooftop tent covers moonroof. is this the AC condensating a LOT ??
DSCN6856.JPG
DSCN6857.JPG
DSCN6858.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, Can't tell but ours do drip inside a little if it's very humid . Also if the coolant is low. Send some of the rain this way it's in the hundreds and drought conditions. Mike

Reactions: RFB
I had the AC on as its stupid humid here, AND its raining like when noah closed the door on the big boat. inside engine bay dry firewall grommet good rooftop tent covers moonroof. is this the AC condensating A LOT or...........................
Is condensate making it out of the drain line? You should see a puddle under the passenger side at the firewall. If not, the drain line might be plugged.

^^^^This.

Mine does this when really humid, which is most of the summer. I split the box enough to pour 16oz of water in and it drained right out the drain line so knew my line was clean. Watched it and condensation just starts to collect on the box and drip on the passenger floor board. My ac is so cold I get too cold, so a little drip I will not complain

My windshield was leaking on the PS, which was dripping down into the PS footwell. I sealed up the windshield - leak fixed. The more common cause seems to be a clogged sunroof drain.

Mine does this when really humid, which is most of the summer. I split the box enough to pour 16oz of water in and it drained right out the drain line so knew my line was clean. Watched it and condensation just starts to collect on the box and drip on the passenger floor board. My ac is so cold I get too cold, so a little drip I will not complain
Soaked the rug condensation?? It was and has been 90% humidity.

Is condensate making it out of the drain line? You should see a puddle under the passenger side at the firewall. If not, the drain line might be plugged.
little puddle UNDER truck correct.

Soaked the rug condensation?? It was and has been 90% humidity.
No, maybe 10 drops over 20 minutes. Soaked the rug when I thought it was my drain line and pulled the grommet and tube, tube was clear. When I reinstalled the grommet it pushed through inside out and water came back in from the drain and under carpet. Check the grommet is in good condition and the line is clear.

Reactions: RFB
ok so I ran it this morning still pretty humid but very hot AC is condensating through drain out firewall as it should, so that leaves the heavy rain and the drains as the culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom