Partsouq Shipping Head Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I am considering buying my 2nd Head Gasket kit 04111-66036 from Partsouq. It's considerably cheaper and I've done well in the past buying from there. My question is, any issues with shipping a HG from them to USA? Anybody had a bad experience due to box size, etc.?

They know how to package things. I wouldn't think an HG would be any different. NEVER had a damaged or poorly packaged item from them.

For those that have used Partsouq, which shipping company do you prefer
and did anyone have any import issues, custom duties, etc? Does it matter
on the size/cost of the shipment or??

Had considered ordering some moldings from Partsouq (or Carmarka) but was concerned they might arrive damaged, so I ordered them locally, and one arrived bent.

Last edited:
I've had a 78-Series hood and two rear doors for a Troopy shipped from Partsouq (among tons and tons of other things). They came slightly damaged but they partially refunded me.
Things like grills, radiators, window glass, ect... all showed up without damage. I wouldn't be remotely worried about a headgasket.

TonyP: do you recall the shipping charges for large body parts, hood, doors, fenders, or even glass; did they pack the glass in a plywood box?

Had considered ordering some moldings from Partsouq (or Carmarka) but was concerned they might arrive damaged, so I ordered them locally, and one arrived bent.
I selected the DHL freight. Yes, there's a slight upcharge, but they get it here faster and I don't have to sign for it at my house. The alternative felt the need to drop it all at the nearest Walgreens rather than my house.

Partsouq has always had great packaging, but I have not purchased anything fragile from them (bushings, hardware, hose) but I guess I did recently get new exhaust manifold heat shields and they were well packed with my other items and undamaged.

Order placed. Thank you everyone.

I haven't ordered any really large items from them...but they always send my parts FedEx and I will normally have them in about 3 days (faster than items I order Stateside). Rarely does it take longer than that.

if only we still had had @Onur / Beno so we could order parts without having to worry about things like this.

Try cruiseraddiction. I use only them and the parts come very well packaged.
I have not ordered anything fragile from
Them yet. But I will be ordering the belt mouldings in a few weeks and I am not worried!

Ordered multiple large/fragile items from PartSouq. As others have stated above - Packaging has been top notch, and it arrives faster than many other part suppliers here in the USA... I see why so many part suppliers hide part numbers. Most cant compete.

I mostly choose fedex. Usually arrives in a couple of days. I have been taxed once for an order that was over a grand. I dont know how much the cutoff is but I will separate my orders next time.

How much was the tax/duty on $1000 and do you know if it's better to keep it under that number to avoid duty??

Someone else mentioned they prefer DHL for shipping, what's the difference?

How much was the tax/duty on $1000 and do you know if it's better to keep it under that number to avoid duty??

Someone else mentioned they prefer DHL for shipping, what's the difference?
I’ve never paid duty on anything they’ve shipped to me. I’ve used them extensively for a long time but never for something long and flat like hg. Thank you everyone for more insight.

I don't know about partsouq but I ordered the ishino stone engine gasket kit from parts geek when I rebuilt mine. The ishino stone a very high quality, some have stated they are the same gaskets toyota brands as there own. Anyways, the first set had a bent head gasket. I called them and no questions asked the overnighted me another set. I didn't even have to return the other set. With Toyota parts deal it is difficult to return items. I would imagine partsouq would be similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom