Over The Mountain Tour (OTMT) August 15-16-17, 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Upstate Cruisers, this is your event!

Where: Golden Mountain Park, Sparta, TN
When: 3rd weekend of August (15, 16, 17)
Who: Open to all members and friends of Upstate Cruisers
Registration: $25 per vehicle (family-style), includes camping, 1 T-shirt and 1 meal ticket [online registration click here]
Park Fees: $25/per vehicle – 1st day, $15 each additional day, $10/day (rider), $5/day (other)

Planned Activities:
  • Grill-Out Friday night hosted by the club
  • Pot-Luck Saturday night, every family bring a dish
  • Raffle Saturday night, raffle tickets sold at event
  • Daily trail runs led by knowledgeable guides
Sponsor-List:
  • ACC Toyota
  • Metal-Tech
  • Trollhole's Cruisers
  • Outback Proven
  • more coming...
My first OTMT was back in 2007 but the club created this event before that and we've carried on the tradition since then (short hiatus when we hosted GSMTR in 2010/2011). We revived the event last year and thankfully we're able to bring it back again this year!

With no shortage of large TLCA sanctioned events in a calendar year, we're hoping to provide a more relaxed experience. Most trail riding will be more organic...find a buddy (or 3) and hit the tracks, its hard to get lost on these trails. The dinners will be hosted by the club on Friday night and potluck on Saturday night. We'll have a raffle on Saturday night as well. When we're not wheeling or eating, we'll be fishing from the ponds, showing off our R/C crawlers, sitting around the campfire, sharing stories and trading favorite beverages.

Some photos from previous years...
OTMT 2007:
imageaspxu2003114851451.jpg

OTMT 2008:
DSC02747.JPG

OTMT 2013:
OTMT2013 (243).JPG

OTMT2013 (203).JPG

OTMT2013 (146).jpg

Man, I was fat in 2007 lol

In as always. Thinking about bringing a swimming pool this year along with the minibike. If we can construct a ramp I might be talked into a jump.

lol wish I could make it but school starts the 18th. Looks like I will be at the beach that week.

We going to post this in any of the other clubs sites?

This is going to be EPIC!!! You don't want to miss this grand event! I am stoked at the list of vendors that is growing, it is a great time to put faces to names that we meet here on mud or call and place orders with.

One thing I do want to mention is their are two waivers to be filled out and signed, if you have these filled out already before you come it will make check in a lot faster. Also waiver II needs to be printed in color for them, both of these can be found on the website above.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you in August!!

I could possibly provide some swag like koozies and pens. I'll get with you on it.

Man, I was fat in 2007 lol

Look at me in 2008! I couldn't even find myself but I'm there! lookin all frail an junk. Luckily I beat annie rexia!

On the calendar!

Here is the first "official" OTMT from back in 2006. It was the first time we meet all of you Georgia brethren........ We had an event in 2005 but it was much more informal.

1731251-IMG_7860[1].jpg

1731251-IMG_7888[1].jpg

Wow, my sons were tiny! lol

Look at em last year...they are even taller now (both over 5')
217371_10151474140103123_1069384624_n.jpg

Dang... '05!
A decade ago!

I remember getting to camp around 1:30AM!
Literally after going all the way in, to the river crossing at the bottom of trail 5 thinking that's where y'all were. Not even sure how I found y'all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom