Events/Trails Over the Mountain Tour - 8/20-23 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rosman reference
1597669721772.png

Saturday night campsite
1597672235657.png

363a8be9-9da0-4b6f-8ec1-811ff2632cf4 (1).jpg

With the week of the trip upon us, I do need to address some safety concerns.

The 'Rona: Understand that we have slots for 20 vehicles and their passengers, and that means at least 20 different news feeds, health conditions, and comfort levels with the situation. Please ensure you and your guests or kids:
1) Be respectful of distance and contact. Fist bumps have become the default, work it out if you are a hugger.
2) Bring your own stuff. Many are less eager to share eating utensils, camp chairs, etc. than in the past.
3) Monitor health: If you have the well disseminated symptoms of 'Rona, stay home. Camp sites don't have service and you will be in danger if you take a downturn in addition to nobody wanting to catch it too.

General:
First aid kits, the ICE sheet, a secured battery, fire extinguisher, etc. are always in fashion for off-grid travel.

Registered (Limit 20):
  1. @Trollhole
  2. @Bryanseye (L)
  3. @AJR (L)
  4. @ceby (XL)
  5. @yamaguchigumi
  6. @raanderson77 (M)
  7. @LCNuts (L, XL)
  8. @IcutYourCruiser (M)
  9. @jvalex (S)
  10. @forrest5000 (M)
  11. @Jsparks117 (L)
  12. @aquatech3 (2X +2 stickers)
  13. @Carp (S, M)
  14. @Yotahead52 (XL)
  15. @NC LX (L +2 stickers)
  16. @CottonPatchKid (XL)
  17. @scott johnson (2x, M)
  18. @Southeast Overland (L)
  19. @Bsyracuse (L)

Wait list (Don't pay until getting a spot)
OTMT Leg 1 - Freq 146.460

Meet @ Toyota of Greenville on Thursday to depart at 11am.
Brief fuel/food stop at country store Hwy 11 and 178
Trail lunch at Jumping off Rock
Proceed to camp

I have Mandatory training this week at work. I will be in training til the afternoon on Thursday. I will catch up Thursday night or early Friday am. I realize Service may be limited for you guys so i will be patient. And of course 146.460.

Do we know when and where to meet Thursday? @CottonPatchKid and are a coming from Hartsville, SC which is probably a 4-5 hour drive. Just trying to plan ahead

Your best bet is to meet at the gas station at the intersection of Hwy 178 and Hwy 11 around 11:30-12:00. It will take them about 30-45 min once they leave Toyota of Greenville to get out that far. That gas station is the last place for gas until friday I believe. Depending on how Bryan and Chris take yall there might be another one in Rosman. If he does go through Rosman there is a small IGA Grocery store at that station.

Weather forecast keeps getting cooler for Friday and Saturday. So please don't just think shorts and a blanket are going to cut it. Will be in the mid 50's most likely Saturday night.

Also note that Steve and I are heading out tomorrow (Wednesday) to stake out the camp site for the next night. If it turns out to be occupied we will find another spot and post up on the first thread of this post any changes in itinerary.

I've been called into a week-long problem solving event at work, so we won't be leaving until I get out on Friday. Plan to meet up at the Cabin on Friday night. Really hate that I'm missing the early part of the trip again... :bang:

My AC is on the fritz in the 80. I over nighted the ac core buts its not going to make it. I'm going to tow my 80 from Huntsville. Anyone have any recommendations to leave my truck and trailer over the weekend?

My AC is on the fritz in the 80. I over nighted the ac core buts its not going to make it. I'm going to tow my 80 from Huntsville. Anyone have any recommendations to leave my truck and trailer over the weekend?

PM sent on IG, bud ❤️

Y’all packed? I’m working on it. Last weather check I will post. Again, for those that have not been to the last site, pack for cold, wet, and windy. Like December at lower elevation. It may be just fine but can turn and you will be miserable if not prepared.

Rosman:
1597880819639.png

Last camp
1597880713896.png

Can’t win. work again, demands that i won’t be leaving early afternoon Thursday. At best it would be late. Too late to make the Gorges State park gate. Look like i will be rolling at the crack of dawn Friday am. I will meet y’all early Friday at gorges camp site or when y’all roll out of the gates out front. Unreal. Feeling your pain @Carp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom