For Sale Oregon Coast area FJ45 for sale (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed top and fixed front window frame(some slightly latter had hinges, they didnt hinge, even though the top was fixed)

3rd oldest US SWB. More pics would be nice.

Fixed top and fixed front window frame(some slightly latter had hinges, they didnt hinge, even though the top was fixed)

I thought they had plates that bolted in place of the hinges.

The very early trucks had no plates, a truly fixed windshield!

the weird part is it still needs a bead of sealer between the frame and cowl, they were only connected on the sides wherre the plates are on the later ones

399292E8-E56B-478D-966B-5C3DAA149481.jpeg
87D08CD2-804D-427B-BD9C-0FBD43C646B1.jpeg
4E331E90-FCC9-47E2-B44E-181CF12CEEDC.jpeg
59BD43F9-C049-4062-A7BA-B020474A44FC.jpeg
7A10CF4B-6883-4D26-9BF2-6C560BA1CF5C.jpeg

Another Cruiser frame next to it.

Another Cruiser frame next to it.
I spoke with him on the phone and they restore cruisers. This one and another 45 are for sale as he’s trying to clean up some projects that customers fell through on

I spoke with him on the phone and they restore cruisers. This one and another 45 are for sale as he’s trying to clean up some projects that customers fell through on
Did he mention if it was currently titled?

If I wasn’t holding out for a removable top I’d be on my way to pick this up! 🤣

He said it has a current Oregon title. No Speedo, exhaust maniford etc or stock seats. They have not done any bodywork to it. That is how they got it.

Bed looks outstanding, and no apparent holes in the roof, lol. Cab looks good too from limited pics. Earlier vin than mine, but has the later inside door handles. Outside of doors look right for age (bead runs to just short of handle). Oil fill tube on engine has a pcv valve boss, thought that was later than ‘63 (even ‘64), minor issue even so. It does have the rare-ish generator voltage regulator and the locking strap for the under seat tool box. A lot there, needs a lot. Price? Better start than mine was, for 2x price :meh:

Last edited:
I have seen their project vehicles and completed units before. They perform nice work. And this one is reasonably priced compared to other rigs they have sold in the past. This would appear to be a great starting point vehicle. Reminds me of my old 65 FJ40 (titled, but an early 64 production according to Toyota’s records). All the nuances of the early Cruisers which made them special in my eyes. Love the vacuum shift t-case and the virgin trans tunnel! I also would like a removable top someday, but could be tempted on this one. Lot of work, but would be really cool when completed!

Bed looks outstanding, and no apparent holes in the roof, lol. Cab looks good too from limited pics. Earlier vin than mine, but has the later inside door handles. Outside of doors look right for age (bead runs to just short of handle). Oil fill tube on engine has a pcv valve boss, thought that was later than ‘63 (even ‘64), minor issue even so. It does have the rare-ish generator voltage regulator and the locking strap for the under seat tool box. A lot there, needs a lot. Price? Better start than mine was, for 2x price :meh:

Not sure why people think the PCV didn't start until later. I have a couple early FJ40s (both 61 production) and neither has a draft tube on the oil fill. The earlier one hase a more primitive PCV both the later around 800 or 900 FJ40 made looks like the one in my 68. Both have the engines that match the VIN plaque.

IMG_20200323_180241365.jpg

IMG_20200323_180250518.jpg

IMG_20200323_180101483.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom