ONSC Kids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Adulting isn't always easy but from what I've seen, ONSC parents have pretty much nailed it. Are you the parent of an awesome child? Here's a place to share your children's latest accomplishments or to talk about the things you enjoy doing together with your kids.

I'll start:

Nathan and Ava have been training in Martial Arts for almost six years. They started at the ages of four and five. Last Saturday they both earned Second Degree Black Belts in the Joe Lewis Fighting Systems Association.

IMG_3282[1].JPG

Both Nathan and Ava hold lower belts in Robson Moura Jiu Jitsu as well. They have trained one-on-one with some of the greatest martial arts legends in the world, including Matt Hamilton, Bill "Superfoot" Wallace, Robson Moura and Nelson "The Tyrant" Lebron. Amanda and I couldn't be more proud of these two kids.

Last edited:
Bill Wallace must be older than dirt, I recall him from when I was young. He's got to be at least mid 70s.

Congrats guys on your belts, well done!

Note to self.... don't be messing with Nathan at events :)

Wallace is 71 and is still, to this day, a certified badass. He still has those lightning fast kicks. Very impressive man with a resume a mile long. Wallace was the one who found John Belushi dead in his hotel room at the Chateau Marmont. He trained Elvis. He and Chuck Norris are buddies. They have never fought each other in real competition but have done a couple of serious rounds of sparring. Neither Wallace nor Norris will disclose the results of their sparring rounds.

Superfoot then:
__442448_orig.jpg

Now:
910a82937afde4ac95a6fa6c9b7f8d9e_large.JPG

Yeah he's old but a very dangerous man, nonetheless.

Last edited:
Nora & I were driving yesterday when she points to a vehicle stopped in the opposing lane. She says, "Not a cruiser, little heap." She is pointing at a G wagon on 20" rims with max tint windows. Kids growing up in a cruiser family say the darnest things.

Wallace is 71 and is still, to this day, a certified badass. He still has those lightning fast kicks. Very impressive man with a resume a mile long. Wallace was the one who found John Belushi dead in his hotel room at the Chateau Marmont. He trained Elvis. He and Chuck Norris are buddies. They have never fought each other in real competition but have done a couple of serious rounds of sparring. Neither Wallace nor Norris will disclose the results of their sparring rounds.

Superfoot then:
__442448_orig.jpg

Yeah he's old but a very dangerous man, nonetheless.

Dude has 6 pack stomach hair... Genius! I too can pretend I have a six pack by strategic stomach hair trimming!

As far as kids bragging:

Oldest kid is going into her senior year at Vanderbilt, she's 20 and she's majoring in vocal performance. She intends to be a professional Opera singer. It's highly likely with her persistence and talent that she'll be successful after school. This summer she's attending two invite only programs. One for a month in LA training with professionals and another to perform for a month in Belle Île, France. During the French thing, there are professional musicians and students that are invited. At the end of the week, there's an Opera that the professionals put on. They have never cast a student in the opera and my persistent daughter thought that had to change. She put together an audition video and sent it in. She was cast, first student ever to be. Not a lead role, but not a bit part or "chorus" either. I'm so ridiculously proud of her and travel to Nashville every chance I get to see her perform. Unfortunately, it's just not in my budget to go see her professional debut in France. Hopefully my parents will be going.

2nd Oldest is finishing up his senior year of High School and is heading to APP state to continue his musical studies. He plays the Bassoon insanely well - and has subsequently picked up and learned many other instruments as well. Took him about half a day to master the flute.. It was impressive to see. He intends to compose and produce music and his focus will likely be theatrical if I had to guess. He likes very heavy dramatic type music - think John Williams, Thomas Newman. He's also a great defensive soccer player and hopes to make the APP soccer team as a walk on.

3rd Oldest is a Sophomore in high school and has a distinct focus on art and video games. He's got a really good eye for perspective in art and if he really focused on it he could be a great artist. Like me, he's a little lazy. :) He's also very musical, he played a full drum set at a young age. Now he's playing French Horn and is doing really well. Not sure that he or his younger brother will get into music as a career since their older siblings are already killing it. Sometimes, kids want to do their own thing. He was into Odyssey of the Mind for a few years and lead a team to world finals.

Youngest is in 7th grade - and we went to his band concert last night. He plays the trombone and plays it well for a 7th grader. He also does soccer quite well. All in all, he's a big fan of his oldest brother and as such the music and soccer focus bring them together. I don't see him doing music as a career either, but we'll see. He's going through that 'teen angst' stage - so sometimes it's not even possible to get him to nod yes to things... but they all went through various degrees of it.

Overall, my daughter set the bar high. We homeschooled her as a toddler and as a result she was reading chapter books at age 3 and skipped kindergarten. The boys have a lot to live up to - but I'm confident they'll do their best.

You might notice the theme of music/art in their bios. I've spend my life in a corporate office wishing I had stuck with music. Forced into this world because of monetary obligations, i have some regrets. I don't want my kids to ever decide against following their dreams because of a lack of money. I'd die a penniless happy man knowing that they never let money dictate their career path.

Last edited:
Adulting isn't always easy but from what I've seen, ONSC parents have pretty much nailed it. Are you the parent of an awesome child? Here's a place to share your children's latest accomplishments or to talk about the things you enjoy doing together with your kids.

I'll start:

Nathan and Ava have been training in Martial Arts for almost six years. They started at the ages of four and five. Last Saturday they both earned Second Degree Black Belts in the Joe Lewis Fighting Systems Association.

View attachment 1453774
Both Nathan and Ava hold lower belts in Robson Moura Jiu Jitsu as well. They have trained one-on-one with some of the greatest martial arts legends in the world, including Matt Hamilton, Bill "Superfoot" Wallace, Robson Moura and Nelson "The Tyrant" Lebron. Amanda and I couldn't be more proud of these two kids.

Kids be like "make me go to my room"!

I hope this guy joins TLCA and ONSC as an adult soon and gets his own handle on here:

20170515_121255.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom