ONSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! I suggest flushing that out with some kerosine or diesel before putting the good stuff in.

Completely agreed.

That's not a good thing, Jeremy
I've got one if you need it.

Thanks, David! As soon as I noticed it I called Fred Anderson and asked them to hold a plug and a gasket. I'm not sure if he ordered the drain plug or the fill plug, though... So I may have to take you up on your offer!

Nice! I suggest flushing that out with some kerosine or diesel before putting the good stuff in.

Very good advice, thank you! I'm planning to pull the cover off to have a look at the differential. I'm praying there aren't metal shavings when I drain it...

Actually, get the Allen key style. Most Toyota parts guys will know the part numbers. If not, I can dig them up. One PN for all 8 gearbox plugs on your truck.

Been thinking about all you magnificent bastards recently!

Hope all is well with everyone...

Wow, you've proved that black holes exist. I think the only difference in drain and fill is the magnet on the drain. I hope you haven't been through deep water or long, steep downhills.

...via IH8MUD app

Funny you mention the downhills... Sorta... The only reason I looked under the truck is because I noticed it hadn't been dripping oil anymore! :eek: I'll put some oil in, put on a plug, and then flush with diesel (thanks!) and dissect it a bit at the HAMOM next weekend at @dbenke 's house (if that's where we're having it). Transfer case isn't leaking anymore either - maybe I should buy a handful of those plugs...

A GM disc brake Allen key works wonderfully in those as well.

An amazing day to be outside. Hope everyone was able to enjoy it if only for a little while.

1425865216969.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a little implement for the BGE called the "PartyQ". I debated buying the "DigiQ", but the Maverick works really well and is wireless, so I didn't see the point... Anyhow, this thing did great holding the temperature.
11070189_10205728264663801_7228211938649650004_n.jpg
11025176_10205728265463821_7312346506833089093_n.jpg

There were 2 extra pieces of bacon after I wrapped the cube steak. Leave no bacon behind.
I'd have wrapped some of those sprouts. Give me a long term update on that PartyQ, or at least remember to tell me about next weekend.

Noob question of the day... Which way does the gasket get installed? Skinny side towards the plug head or skinny side towards the axle/T-Case?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Does not matter. The only details about crush washers is to use them only once and not to over tighten them.

Does not matter. The only details about crush washers is to use them only once and not to over tighten them.
Agreed ... key here is use them once and only once ...

Too pretentious?

20150320_181627.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom