One Stop Shop - Local Resource for your Cruiser Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys for the Horizon tip. I have a quote from them that was much less than another company.

Have them quote you for the bronze tint on the windshield too, sounds like a great thing to do on all of our rigs.

Have them quote you for the bronze tint on the windshield too, sounds like a great thing to do on all of our rigs.
I will ask when I take it in for tint in two weeks. Not in the budget right now.

I have ceramic tint on all my windows, I love it, except the windshield. I would do the tint on the windshield if it didn’t seem like I was replacing it every two years.

Yep Horizon did the 4R windshield last summer and the windshield/tint on the FR-S a few years back....good stuff

I used Horizon Auto glass on the 80 fronts and used these guys for the Benz all around.
I second Horizon. They did the windshield on my 80. I had them add a ceramic tint to the windshield too before the windshield was installed. It has made a noticeable difference.

Yep Horizon did the 4R windshield last summer and the windshield/tint on the FR-S a few years back....good stuff
Thanks guys for the Horizon tip. I have a quote from them that was much less than another company.
Well, one star for the bait and switch. I have a written quote from them for $250. They just called and said "oops" and told me it really will be $400. Can you three guys ping me off-line and tell me if this was, relative to what you paid, an honest mistake, or if they are jerking me around?

Thanks Grant. I called them and they no longer tint.
Way wrong side of town for you, but I used Lomas Glass and Tint to remove the limo tint on my LX and to tint the Prius. It's been a couple years, so I don't remember the details. Their price was comparable to whatever other shop I checked with and I'm very happy with their work. Seems like they offered 2 or 3 different levels of quality and ceramic was probably in that $400 range. I wasn't convinced it was worth it and went with mid-range.

Hmmm AGS musta just done me a favor. Ditto on lomas, I can’t justify their price on my junk but my Dad and brother uses them exclusively on their nice vehicles

Way wrong side of town for you, but I used Lomas Glass and Tint to remove the limo tint on my LX and to tint the Prius.
Ditto on lomas, I can’t justify their price on my junk but my Dad and brother uses them exclusively on their nice vehicles
OK, I'll give them a call in the morning. Thanks gents.

Go see Cory or Josh at Techaglass at
8305 Menaul
Albuquerque NM 87110

they have always given me great service, tell them Mr Cooper sent you

Well, one star for the bait and switch. I have a written quote from them for $250. They just called and said "oops" and told me it really will be $400. Can you three guys ping me off-line and tell me if this was, relative to what you paid, an honest mistake, or if they are jerking me around?
I paid $403.83 total. The windshield was $225, the full windshield tint off the vehicle was $150 and the tax was $28.83. I provided a new windshield gasket.

Vince

I paid $403.83 total. The windshield was $225, the full windshield tint off the vehicle was $150 and the tax was $28.83. I provided a new windshield gasket.

Vince
I’d say I my charge was around ~$500 for windshield and tent but that was 5 years ago.

Follow up. I went to four companies to get quotes. Three of the four were less than Horizon. But, they were all 4-5 weeks out. I had already waited 4 weeks for this appointment, so I kept the appointment at Horizon. The work they did was great. I'm very pleased. They also made it right on the price. While they didn't honor their original quote, they did get their price closer to the others. I would use them again.

20210720_105420-sm.jpg

looking for an upholstery place to install the new leather seat upholstery for my 4runner, thought I might diy but haven't found a quality steam machine that isnt $400
J Tannys. 505-345-0390 Couple of brothers small shop I have used them for over 15 years on several vehicles great work and great prices. Had them restitch the seats on my 80 when the threads rotted but the leather was still good.

Does anyone know if 4Wheel Parts is still open? They are not answering phone or email.

Christian is looking for a shop to look at the ARBs on his 200--gear oil is going up the air lines and out the solenoid, not sure if it is front, rear, or both.

Ye
Does anyone know if 4Wheel Parts is still open? They are not answering phone or email.

Christian is looking for a shop to look at the ARBs on his 200--gear oil is going up the air lines and out the solenoid, not sure if it is front, rear, or both.
they are open, walked in to see about getting gears done two weeks ago. Seems like they were a little short staffed when I was there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom