One Stop Shop - Local Resource for your Cruiser Service (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TAV would be another choice.

I sent mine off to Zuk @gearinstalls.com because his OCD totally appeals to me. It cost me around $100 to ship the 3rd member back n forth. It's not back yet as he dropped off the R&P to get them REM polished in Phx.
Soooo Zuk is taking a holiday. I’m not convinced about Anvil.
Who else in town? Did anyone use Steel Lizard? I heard both good and bad through the grapevine but not either from anyone I know

Ye

they are open, walked in to see about getting gears done two weeks ago. Seems like they were a little short staffed when I was there
How far out were they for gears?

What's wrong with U-Joints? They have set up all my diffs.

Do you recall how much?
The last they did for me was super $$$ which I understand. They gotta bill the same for my little 3rd as they do a PNM dump truck, shop charge is shop charge

Do you recall how much?
The last they did for me was super $$$ which I understand. They gotta bill the same for my little 3rd as they do a PNM dump truck, shop charge is shop charge
Yep. I paid $315.65 out the door 11/2020 for setting up an ARB.

Soooo Zuk is taking a holiday. I’m not convinced about Anvil.
Who else in town? Did anyone use Steel Lizard? I heard both good and bad through the grapevine but not either from anyone I know

Zuk is now cash only business, you will need to FedEx him the cash due to IRS regulations.

Curious, what do you need done? If just a locker installation or something similar, I can do that at my place but not actual ring and pinion swap.

Bringing this back to the top. It could probably use a review and update.

Thanks for keeping this thread at the top.
Two suggestions that might have been on the earlier posts, but I did not notice them.

Sandia Muffler
8820 Susan SE
Albuquerque, Nm 87123
505-265-0197

Ken, the owner, has a nicely built 4Runner and does great work.
I recently got a Magnaflow muffler for my GX460 from him.

Adaptive Vehicle Solutions
6011 San Francisco
Suite D
Albuquerque, NM 87109

Dominic does great work on Toyotas and other brands.
Aftermarket, and custom fabrication of bumpers, sliders, etc.
Recently had some Dirt King spindle gussets welded onto my stock GX460 gussets , by him.

Source for small bits of steel. Cut to length. No need to buy 20 foot sticks.

I've a passenger door ding I'd like to get taken care of, I see R&C on Central is listed in the first post. Anyone have recent experience with them or any other shops?

Has anyone used a fabrication shop they would recommend that does tube bending? I am close to building the rollbar for the bed of my 45. I am considering either paying to have it built vs. buying a bender and learning another skill. I am not sure how much tube bending I have in my future and not sure I want to invest in a bender to collect dust.

I have a JD2 bender same as @Mauser which I have yet to use. If you and Mauser wanna use my dies to put something together I’m game if I can sit in to work out the cage I need to do.

I would be up for that too! I will be using 1.75 tube, probably a standard die for most. I bought 40 feet of DOM already but need to measure my design to figure out if I have enough.

I've got a bender and a die for 1.75". Bending is the easy part, it's all the math that I have trouble with. I am happy help though.

I've got a bender and a die for 1.75". Bending is the easy part, it's all the math that I have trouble with. I am happy help though.
My math normally works out well, so I can contribute that.

@Mauser, @Dumpolina sounds like a bender party to me. Maybe a weekend in June if you guys are up for it?

@Mauser, @Dumpolina sounds like a bender party to me. Maybe a weekend in June if you guys are up for it?
Can we make it a club party? I suspect some of us are new to the idea and would like to see the masters figure this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom