Once is enough (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I only had to bang my head once and learned quick…..

IMG_7510.jpeg

We should get a class action lawsuit together and sue Toyota.

I’ll be right back, I’m going out to the shop to bang my head.

On another note, is that Dune Beige 416 over spring green? Hard to tell on the iPhone.

It’s just part of having a 40. My rear hatch door has got me a few times too. 73 had some funky twist type braces on the hatch. They were one year only, presumably because they don’t work very well.
My original chrome hatch struts worked well until I put my head in and then it would fall. They would stay up for hours and fall the second my head got in the way

We should get a class action lawsuit together and sue Toyota.

I’ll be right back, I’m going out to the shop to bang my head.

On another note, is that Dune Beige 416 over spring green? Hard to tell on the iPhone.
Nah. The engine bay is Rustoleum sage green and light grey. It was black before and that got old. The truck is General Motors Olive Metallic done by Maaco. The Julie‘s Dirt Road Top is grey.

My original chrome hatch struts worked well until I put my head in and then it would fall. They would stay up for hours and fall the second my head got in the way
Haha me too! I finally drilled one and put a pin through it while the hatch was open.

wow, that's something I haven't mangled myself on yet :D

Falling has never been an issue. It's the interior T handle when the hatch is open been my down fall. Lost track of how many times I've hit my head. Less likely when I am not wearing hat. Because I'm bald it does more damage when I'm not wearing a hat.

I have permanent dents in my shins after spending 46 years with a very unforgiving front bumper!!

Months away from fifty years and front bumper doesn't stand out. Nothing like a dark parking lot and people leave their head in the receiver hitch. Especially those lifted truck with a huge drop.

Many a time that I walked around the front of my Toy and barked my shins on the front bumper.
Finally cut the ends off.
A friend of mine bought a new travel trailer with louver windows on the side front corners right at head height.
I made the comment that if my trailer had them I would most likely hit my head on them.
He saw no problem.
Saw him again about a week later and he had a big gash above his right eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom