Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just don’t know how to price it. I’d love to just auction it off and still might. Market is weird though.
I've been watching a few of the "alumi" auctions come up on BaT and get bids of thousands - or sometimes tens of thousands - less than the last time they sold. There does seem to be a definite slump lately - at least for certain things. Others I have seen go for tens of thousands more than the last time.

I'm also surprised at how quickly some are up for sale again. I don't know if it is short attention spans, people thinking they're going to flip things for profit, or impulse buying and buyer's remorse?

I'd say an 89nolder Instagram add would be the best bet. I don't know if Blue is a "nicer" rig than the JTUSixty, but it's more "famous" on social media. I'd also imagine you don't want those two rigs competing with each other in a niche market.

I'm also surprised at how quickly some are up for sale again. I don't know if it is short attention spans, people thinking they're going to flip things for profit, or impulse buying and buyer's remorse?
Most of them are garbage so they try to get out of the truck.

Most people are very underwhelmed by 60s once they actually get them.

I'd say an 89nolder Instagram add would be the best bet. I don't know if Blue is a "nicer" rig than the JTUSixty, but it's more "famous" on social media. I'd also imagine you don't want those two rigs competing with each other in a niche market.
Well that’s one reason I have been holding off yes.

Most people are very underwhelmed by 60s once they actually get them.
I see a lot of different vehicles turned over, but I think that is likely part of it. People are drawn in on the hype of something without really knowing much about the vehicle in reality.

"Oh, I'd love to daily drive an old classic pickup / Land Cruiser / VW Beetle / whatever..." and then "What? You mean this doesn't have all the creature comforts of my current Acura? It doesn't handle as well? It needs regular tuning?"

Glamor shots tonight. Some total turd 60 sold for $110,000 on BAT today and reminded me I needed to get my s*** together

IMG_9200.jpeg

IMG_9224.jpeg

IMG_9225.jpeg

IMG_9218.jpeg

IMG_9209.jpeg

Some total turd 60 sold for $110,000 on BAT today
I started watching BAT several months ago thinking I could get a good idea of the used Land Cruiser market, but after watching and seeing auction results (your 45 in particular) I am more confused than ever. Seems like there is really no rhyme or reason for Land Cruiser values on BAT that I can see. What a crap shoot.

Fancy pictures.

People fall in love with photography like that add had. $105k and painted wagon 15” wheels….
Man. I guess. Seems so cartoonish and used car salesmen to me. Total opposite reaction when I see pics like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom