Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

<<UPDATE>> Wheels have been claimed

Free to good home. Located in Winston-Salem. Wheels / tires from 2016 4Runner. Bridgestone Dueler H/T P265/70/R17. Taken off about 2 years ago when upgrading wheels/tires. Kept in storage since then.

tires 1.JPG
tires 2.JPG
tires 3.JPG

Last edited:
@jfz80 I have some 16” Patrick Starfish rims from @weejub sitting in my basement. I can bring them when I pick up junk from you.

How much for the springs?

I also going to post here before putting out for all MUD'ers to see.

Water Pump, new gasket, new studs, and BLUE Fan Clutch - $120

Fan clutch is two years old. Water pump might be the original, but works with no issues.

20210228_202117.jpg

20210228_202124.jpg

20210228_202151.jpg

20210228_202241.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all,
I have a 1983 FJ43 and want to do a front disc brake conversion. I’m having a hard time locating an FJ60 front end and my other option is a conversion kit from JToutfitters. Any ideas or experience on how best to go forward would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I have a set of 5 OEM 16” split rims that I had stripped and powder coated sitting in my garage. They are gray, w/o clips. I’m not saying they’re for sale but if someone is REALLY interested I May part with them.
TIA!
Eric

My 60 is currently for sale on Bring a Trailer. Fingers crossed...

Hey all,
I have a 1983 FJ43 and want to do a front disc brake conversion. I’m having a hard time locating an FJ60 front end and my other option is a conversion kit from JToutfitters. Any ideas or experience on how best to go forward would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I have a set of 5 OEM 16” split rims that I had stripped and powder coated sitting in my garage. They are gray, w/o clips. I’m not saying they’re for sale but if someone is REALLY interested I May part with them.
TIA!
Eric

If it was my money I would NOT do a ‘kit’ from JTO. You could try Deo and see if he has any takeoff parts for the conversion as you don’t need the entire axle, just certain parts.

Going to move this to the main boards soon, thought I'd throw it up here first.

FRESH 2FE For Sale - Complete Engine, electronics, ignition, distributor, flywheel, clutch parts, yadda yadda - $3,500

No it's not peanuts, but this is a complete install. Just connect regulated fuel pressure and you have all you'll need. I'll even include the exhaust but the muffler is on it's last leg.

Installed at 109,673 miles, currently at 111,729 (2,056 miles)

Specs:
Head was refreshed with new exhaust valves, cleaned, pressure tested, shaved 0.030 and valve job
Oil gallery port tapped and plugged
Late model 2F block
Bored .75mm or 0.030" over
New Toyota lifters
New pistons, main bearings, rod bearings, cam bearings, timing gears
Reground cam Delta 250s

Duration intake 250
Duration exhaust 254
Intakes opens 17, closes 58
Exhaust opens 60 closes 14
cam rise .255 L/C 108 degrees
Lash intake .014 exhaust .014

Injectors professionally cleaned and flow tested
New fuel pulse dampener
3FE Distributor
MSD 6A multispark controller

The entire rotating assembly of this engine was balanced - this is what makes this motor special. It will spin 5k effortlessly and that's where I have the rev limit set. I'm currently running a H55F and the gear spacing is such that I rarely spin it over 4,500. I had the engine WOT dyno tuned and it makes 144RWHP and 206ft*lbs:

1614641810811.png

At the time I had worn out tires on the my 40, and the tuner didn't trust running it WOT in 4th, so this was the results in 3rd gear. I will tell you, and others who have ridden in my truck will confirm, this thing has a TON more power than any stock 2F or 3FE.

MegaSquirt MS2 controller:
I built this controller and have done most of the tuning myself. This setup allows you to completely control timing, fueling, idle speed, etc etc. Included is a bluetooth adapter that allows tuning and dashboard monitoring via laptop or tablet. I'll throw in my POS tablet that I currently have mounted to my dash, but highly recommend a more elegant solution. The tablet is old, in bad condition, but working. You can see the tablet in the videos below.

Cold start: I have had some issues with cold start. I've been able to tune them out for the most part, but ran out of talent and cold days to get it really good. It still takes several revolutions on a really cold day to start. And honestly, this setup takes an extra crank rev or two to start than stock at all conditions. However, it does always fire up and idles very nicely, immediately.

Oil leaks:
One at the front of the engine: I've confirmed this leak is from the front crank seal, and I've replaced the seal and it still leaks, so the crank pulley will need a speedi-sleeve. Also, there is a seeping leak at the rear passenger side of the engine I believe to be coming from the side cover. Will confirm when the engine is pulled. Couple of drips after parked.

Leak Down Test:
Below are the numbers from each cylinder from a leakdown test. I used a Snap-On and it shows 10-30% as "low" (leakage), 40-70% as "moderate", for reference. Note, that my testing was just using the dizzy rotor position bumped by the starter to get each cylinder to its TDC and I think I had some leakage from the exhaust due to being just past TDC when the exhaust valve was just starting to open (I could hear some air in the exhaust and some in the crankcase)

1 - 7%
2 - 20%
3 - 25%
4 - 15%
5 - 18%
6 - 10%

Compression Test:
Performed with engine warm, dry test. Did not do a wet test.

1 - 190PSI
2 - 175PSI
3 - 180PSI
4 - 175PSI
5 - 180PSI
6 - 185PSI

Instead of typing more of a novel, I'll leave it at this and answer questions. I'll be pulling this in the next 1-2 weeks.

Video Links:

'78 FJ40 2FE acceleration onto freeway. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEz4KIvToI

'78 FJ40 spirited acceleration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0z09VcKac

:beer: Ramon

If anyone needs a daily, my mom is selling her 2014 BMW 328d xDrive M-sport. Yes, it's a diesel and it has ~121,500 miles on it and has all of the goodies. We've owned it since 2016 and ~30k miles. Asking $14,750. I have it at my house currently to sell so it's local. Title in hand. View attachment 2580800
View attachment 2580801

Price drop... $12,600. Need this thing out of my garage!

One pair of U-joints aka Spider Kit 04371-36011

Good for 3/69 thru 1/74 FJ40's and FJ55's

I got these from a vendor a few years ago... but they are too small for my 1979.

$120 OBO or swap for a set that will fit 10/74 thru 8/80 i.e. p/n 04371-36021 or its superseded part number 04371-60210

535A97C8-AA71-4EE5-9E15-DC20C16D1551.jpeg
63B60420-D1D2-4A9C-B429-28D4892C6E39.jpeg

Last edited:
Going to move this to the main boards soon, thought I'd throw it up here first.

FRESH 2FE For Sale - Complete Engine, electronics, ignition, distributor, flywheel, clutch parts, yadda yadda - $3,500

No it's not peanuts, but this is a complete install. Just connect regulated fuel pressure and you have all you'll need. I'll even include the exhaust but the muffler is on it's last leg.

Installed at 109,673 miles, currently at 111,729 (2,056 miles)

Specs:
Head was refreshed with new exhaust valves, cleaned, pressure tested, shaved 0.030 and valve job
Oil gallery port tapped and plugged
Late model 2F block
Bored .75mm or 0.030" over
New Toyota lifters
New pistons, main bearings, rod bearings, cam bearings, timing gears
Reground cam Delta 250s

Duration intake 250
Duration exhaust 254
Intakes opens 17, closes 58
Exhaust opens 60 closes 14
cam rise .255 L/C 108 degrees
Lash intake .014 exhaust .014

Injectors professionally cleaned and flow tested
New fuel pulse dampener
3FE Distributor
MSD 6A multispark controller

The entire rotating assembly of this engine was balanced - this is what makes this motor special. It will spin 5k effortlessly and that's where I have the rev limit set. I'm currently running a H55F and the gear spacing is such that I rarely spin it over 4,500. I had the engine WOT dyno tuned and it makes 144RWHP and 206ft*lbs:

View attachment 2600551

At the time I had worn out tires on the my 40, and the tuner didn't trust running it WOT in 4th, so this was the results in 3rd gear. I will tell you, and others who have ridden in my truck will confirm, this thing has a TON more power than any stock 2F or 3FE.

MegaSquirt MS2 controller:
I built this controller and have done most of the tuning myself. This setup allows you to completely control timing, fueling, idle speed, etc etc. Included is a bluetooth adapter that allows tuning and dashboard monitoring via laptop or tablet. I'll throw in my POS tablet that I currently have mounted to my dash, but highly recommend a more elegant solution. The tablet is old, in bad condition, but working. You can see the tablet in the videos below.

Cold start: I have had some issues with cold start. I've been able to tune them out for the most part, but ran out of talent and cold days to get it really good. It still takes several revolutions on a really cold day to start. And honestly, this setup takes an extra crank rev or two to start than stock at all conditions. However, it does always fire up and idles very nicely, immediately.

Oil leaks:
One at the front of the engine: I've confirmed this leak is from the front crank seal, and I've replaced the seal and it still leaks, so the crank pulley will need a speedi-sleeve. Also, there is a seeping leak at the rear passenger side of the engine I believe to be coming from the side cover. Will confirm when the engine is pulled. Couple of drips after parked.

Leak Down Test:
Below are the numbers from each cylinder from a leakdown test. I used a Snap-On and it shows 10-30% as "low" (leakage), 40-70% as "moderate", for reference. Note, that my testing was just using the dizzy rotor position bumped by the starter to get each cylinder to its TDC and I think I had some leakage from the exhaust due to being just past TDC when the exhaust valve was just starting to open (I could hear some air in the exhaust and some in the crankcase)

1 - 7%
2 - 20%
3 - 25%
4 - 15%
5 - 18%
6 - 10%

Compression Test:
Performed with engine warm, dry test. Did not do a wet test.

1 - 190PSI
2 - 175PSI
3 - 180PSI
4 - 175PSI
5 - 180PSI
6 - 185PSI

Instead of typing more of a novel, I'll leave it at this and answer questions. I'll be pulling this in the next 1-2 weeks.

Video Links:

'78 FJ40 2FE acceleration onto freeway. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEz4KIvToI

'78 FJ40 spirited acceleration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0z09VcKac

:beer: Ramon

Taking this down for now.

I'm currently pulling the 2FE and moving on with the swap and will plan to fix oil leaks and finish the tune on a run stand I'm going to build (I had one when I originally built this engine). Will be back for sale early winter '21 once it gets cold enough again to prove reliable cold starts.

Found one thanks to the forum!!
Looking for Toyota 4x4. Must be SUV and have obd2 port. 6kish.

Last edited:
SOLD

15in wheel Came off a 91 land cruiser. One OME wheel other 4 after market do have the center caps for the 4. 20 bucks or they’ll go to the scrap yard haha.

ADB60EC7-231F-4668-8F29-D38C9C871912.jpeg

13985272-BF88-4791-861F-753F73A1E4E2.jpeg

4D6B18F9-2EF6-4FE8-9E3F-8D92FA24C01A.jpeg

Last edited:
Does the price include the potting soil, or is that extra?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom