OE and OEM Substitutes list for Discontinued Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
This thread is to try and assemble, as much as possible, a list of OE (Toyota) or OEM (Aftermarket Original Equipment) parts that one can substitute for Discontinued or NLA stock parts.

As many of you know, there are other OE Toyota parts still available, intended for other models, that have identical function but may vary slightly in design or connector, as well as OEM branded aftermarket.

I don't know much about FJ62s so those of you who have expertise there, please post.

Once (and if) there's enough stuff here, can organize later by part #, system, etc ...

Let's GO!

For HAC VALVE:

HAC Valve for FJ60s is 25709-61010 and NLA.

As a Substitute, 25709-38010 (early trucks, 4Runners) is identical except for the hose nipple on the bottom. This is still available from Toyota. But guess what? The bottom of your stock HAC fits perfectly on the bottom of this model and you've got a brand new HAC valve. Or, you could just run as is. There's an atmosphere opening on the bottom into the filter.

$_1.JPG

FOR IDLE-UP VSV :

88690-22470 (early 4Runners). Has a different connector, but otherwise identical function.

ac-vsv-5-jpg.1298028

@OSS -- You've got a bunch of these sub's, yeah? :)

I hope this thread continues as it will come in handy

Ok, I have one but it's not so much an OE to AFT swap as its an excellent workaround to a potentially expensive disaster: A spun transmission input shaft tip.

As I've mentioned in other posts, If the clutch pilot bearing wears out and creates too much friction, the tip of the transmission input shaft can break free of the friction fit in the pilot bearing race and then begin grinding itself down. At that point, swapping in another Toyota pilot bearing won't help because the tip won't be able to hold on to it.

The 'proper fix' is to replace the whole input shaft with a new one (H55F available only). If you've got a 4 speed, you're SOL cuz they're NLA. Replacing an input shaft is a daunting and expensive proposition and really isn't something a non hard core home mechanic should get involved with. Best left to a transmission shop that has the experience and correct pullers.

The other option is to use a deeper pilot bearing than the original that will grab the good part of the shaft that has never been used.

That magic bearing is the Nachi 5202Z.

It's the the exact same dimensions as the Toyota bearing, (Nachi 6202NK) just deeper. It works perfectly. Perfect fit. No problems.

My other OE to OE discovery that many people now know about is the EVAP and distributor VCV replacement. There's a big write up I did about that part over in THIS thread.

image.jpeg

5202Z below
image.jpeg

Toyota 6202 bearing below
image.jpeg

Worn input shaft tip won't grab standard bearing. But deeper on the shaft is untouched metal.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

There is another thread along these lines. I'll dig it up.

This thread could also include lower-cost replacement parts even when new Land Cruiser parts are still available. A good example is the FJ62 transfer case vacuum solenoid replacement with truck parts. Can't seem to find the thread just now.

Bump

1995 Toyota MR2 Fuel Pressure Regulator work around for NLA FJ62 FPR:
FJ62 Fuel Pressure Regulator needed

I know the power window motors from the 80 series and Toyota Camry also bolt up to the regulators in a FJ62. The FJ62 motors are NLA. Full test of these is still pending on my part, but they bolt up perfect.

70 series visor swap: Sun Visors

Also, the Supra/Celica EFI relay (85915-14050) looks identical to the 3FE EFI relay with just a reversed mounting tab.

Last edited:
Reactions: HMP
I'm not sure, but I believe the Carb'd 3F non-USA 60-series, 70-Series, and 80-Series had similar HAC systems, and perhaps others.. ?

Ok, I have one but it's not so much an OE to AFT swap as its an excellent workaround to a potentially expensive disaster: A spun transmission input shaft tip.

As I've mentioned in other posts, If the clutch pilot bearing wears out and creates too much friction, the tip of the transmission input shaft can break free of the friction fit in the pilot bearing race and then begin grinding itself down. At that point, swapping in another Toyota pilot bearing won't help because the tip won't be able to hold on to it.

The 'proper fix' is to replace the whole input shaft with a new one (H55F available only). If you've got a 4 speed, you're SOL cuz they're NLA. Replacing an input shaft is a daunting and expensive proposition and really isn't something a non hard core home mechanic should get involved with. Best left to a transmission shop that has the experience and correct pullers.

The other option is to use a deeper pilot bearing than the original that will grab the good part of the shaft that has never been used.

That magic bearing is the Nachi 5202Z.

It's the the exact same dimensions as the Toyota bearing, (Nachi 6202NK) just deeper. It works perfectly. Perfect fit. No problems.

My other OE to OE discovery that many people now know about is the EVAP and distributor VCV replacement. There's a big write up I did about that part over in THIS thread.

View attachment 1560983

5202Z below
View attachment 1560984

Toyota 6202 bearing below
View attachment 1560985

Worn input shaft tip won't grab standard bearing. But deeper on the shaft is untouched metal.
View attachment 1560986 View attachment 1560987
I didn't get to collecting parts to rebuild my H55F this summer, but hopefully next summer I can and this is DEFINITELY on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom