FJ62 Fuel Pressure Regulator needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello FJ62ers..I used this great forum to find the exact problem that my beloved 1990 FJ62 is having (hard to start when warm) .It seems that I need a Fuel pressure regulator but when I look on line all the places say that they are discontinued. Can anyone please tell me a place that that may have them in stock.Thanks

Rock auto has them too

My FJ62 starts right up every time when it's cold (not warmed up) .Once warm and after running some errands around town if I shut it off and start it up pretty quickly it will start right up but if it sits for 20 minutes it takes about 4 try's to start.I do love this truck but I want it to start up quickly all the time. I have read a lot on this forum and it seems like it's the fuel pressure regulator by the discretions of other members,but I'm open to other ideas-Thanks

I changed my fuel pressure regulator and the fuel filter and the problem is gone,my fj62 starts every time now hot or cold..I am very happy! Thanks to everyone for your help.

here's a crossover list I've been looking but all I find is out of stock or discontinued had to get a used one from cruiserparts.net
If any one finds a source for new please share!!! I've even put out part requests to the jap suppliers. it's damn ridiculous that I can get pretty much any other fuel system part but that one???!!!!!

Attachments

• pressure regulator cross over list.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 296
Does any one have a universal fuel injection pressure regulator fix for a 3FE ??? I've been on back order for 2-1/2 months with summit and CarParts.com. All the usual spots (Specter, CruiserCorps, Dan's 4Wheel auto, Etc... seem to only have used ones. I've been burnt on two used ones so far and would like to find a new one. I found a manufacturer in Brasil (DS Automotive Technologies) but I don't think they export to the US. This has gotten so ridiculous to find such a basic part I'm considering yanking the old reliable 3FE and putting in a 12HT which I love in my HJ or a Cummings!!!

Unfortunately they don't I've even called and emailed them for help trying to get a hold of one! No help. Toyota discontinued this part last year I think and so they all seemed to have vanished. There's gotta be some somewhere!!!

I was going to test it before reporting back (i wont be able to for another couple weeks) but this potential work around came to my attention (post 284): My 45PU has an LV for a friend...

All credit for this goes to @c2dfj45 for this find

So I ordered a FPR from partsgeek for a 1995 Toyota MR2 (PART # W0133-1743784 Kyosan )
What arrived was a nice DENSO product almost identical to the OEM FJ62 FPR. Again, haven't had time to test it but if someone needs one ASAP, give it a try. They are only $27 at time of order!
FJ62 on left, MR2 on right:
24201143547_b892cb34d1_c.jpg

38351969134_e2879f1a49_c.jpg

27284883689_9fc1d56907_c.jpg

@c2dfj45 has already shown that it bolts up no problem. Someone just needs to test it out now.....

I will look for one in my parts pile today.

What's the part # on the Denso on the left? THAT LOOKS LIKE IT!!!! I think the operating pressure is 45 PSI. The only cross over # I don't have is the DENSO. Is the # 23280-65910 ????

I'll get the number when I get home later to confirm.

Good dig. That might be some real gold, right there. Be worth ordering 2, if it works...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom