NV4500 to HF2AV Open Source Adapter Plans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dutchman probably since they know how to do it but I will give a local guy a shot. I need to pull the gear out of the TC so I can include that with the shaft so whoever does it has something to test fit with.

I spoke with Dutchman this morning. They seemed hesitant to do the work because they're trying to concentrate on axles now. The machining portion of their business is being phased out.

I spoke with Dutchman this morning. They seemed hesitant to do the work because they're trying to concentrate on axles now. The machining portion of their business is being phased out.
Bummer.

Does anyone know the Toyota PN for the HF2AV input gear? I’d like to send it with the NV4500 output shaft to make sure they get a good match on the splines.
Did you convince Dutchman to do it? If so I may call them and see if they will do mine at the same time since they will have the machines setup.

Does anyone know the Toyota PN for the HF2AV input gear? I’d like to send it with the NV4500 output shaft to make sure they get a good match on the splines.
I wonder if the 19 spline 60 series split case gear is the same diameter? I have a few sitting in the garage.

Did you convince Dutchman to do it? If so I may call them and see if they will do mine at the same time since they will have the machines setup.

I’m working on it. I’ll let you know as soon as I find out more.

I wonder if the 19 spline 60 series split case gear is the same diameter? I have a few sitting in the garage.

Good question. I’ll keep doing more research. Ideally I would like to send a new Toyota input gear with my 2WD Dodge output shaft.

@Mr Cimarron I'll PM you the contact info to the guy that machines prototype parts for me. His shop is down the street from Mauricio's business.

I’m working on it. I’ll let you know as soon as I find out more.

Good question. I’ll keep doing more research. Ideally I would like to send a new Toyota input gear with my 2WD Dodge output shaft.

I think the Toyota PN for the HF2AV input gear is 36212-60100.

If I’m in the working mood this week I will pull the TC from the parts rig and see if the split case gears fits on the trans.

If I’m in the working mood this week I will pull the TC from the parts rig and see if the split case gears fits on the trans.

I saw my input gear that I sent them in the shop tonight. I also revived an 80 I had squirreled away in the barn so might get a shaft made just in case . Either way I’m happy to ship them the input gear.

I saw my input gear that I sent them in the shop tonight. I also revived an 80 I had squirreled away in the barn so might get a shaft made just in case . Either way I’m happy to ship them the input gear.

Thanks! I actually went ahead and purchased a new input gear along with my new 2WD output shaft.

Thanks! I actually went ahead and purchased a new input gear along with my new 2WD output shaft.
Keep me posted if you order. I might jump in on that as well.

Hey guys, I think I purchased the incorrect input gear for the T-case. Or the wrong 2WD output shaft for the NV4500. The input gear ID seems way too large. It is my understanding that I need to machine the NV4500 output shaft down to accomodate the smaller Toyota input gear (and to 19 splines). The Toyota input gear I ordered is much larger than the Dodge output shaft. And I haven’t even machined the shaft. What gives? Did I get the wrong Toyota input gear?

PN on the Toyota input gear: 36212-60100

PN for the NV4500 2WD output shaft from Allstate Gear: NV27176 NV4500 Main Shaft 31 Spines Dodge 2wd Diesel, 27176

185581_DA_6542_48_C9_B1_A9_354_A00_DE7_F20.jpg

2_EC97990_0_D58_4_EA6_8469_87_D59838_A4_A6.jpg

907194_E0_EEDE_4_AD6_9_F49_D438_B39_E1_A4_A.jpg

07_DAB92_C_6_BCC_4573_B7_EA_2_CFD904_B90_C4.jpg

B5_FE601_A_1_B4_A_4_DFE_8126_752_E5_FF3194_A.jpg

That definitely has more than 19 splines.

This is the 19 spline gear from 60 series case.
3450A245-CDEC-4D47-B173-C10C662B775F.jpeg
BC30B6CE-8828-4755-A6F5-3D6CADC463DD.jpeg

I’ve had no luck here in Austin yet finding a machine shop. Every place I call recommends another shop and it just keeps going.

Hey guys, I think I purchased the incorrect input gear for the T-case. Or the wrong 2WD output shaft for the NV4500. The input gear ID seems way too large. It is my understanding that I need to machine the NV4500 output shaft down to accomodate the smaller Toyota input gear (and to 19 splines). The Toyota input gear I ordered is much larger than the Dodge output shaft. And I haven’t even machined the shaft. What gives? Did I get the wrong Toyota input gear?

PN on the Toyota input gear: 36212-60100

PN for the NV4500 2WD output shaft from Allstate Gear: NV27176 NV4500 Main Shaft 31 Spines Dodge 2wd Diesel, 27176

From memory that shaft looks about right to me. You end up cutting a chunk off it. Have you got Dutchman on board for doing some? I can’t send them the gear they used last time for fitment. I might have them make two shafts for me since it sounds like they might be getting out of this...

I would like to get one or two made also! Maybe they will do it if they can run a small batch?

Have you got Dutchman on board for doing some? I can’t send them the gear they used last time for fitment.

You can’t send them the gear? Do you know where I can get one? I’d like to have a new one on hand anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom